Genesee County CWD?

BizCT

Lets not forget that lots of hunters don't buy bow and muzzleloader privileges.  Those who don't can get a buck, bear and doe tag(s) for only $32.  How many people hunt deer in a NYS hunting preserve??  100, 1000, 10,000?   One of the great mysteries of the world I guess, but all I know is that I can't see NYS losing a wink of sleep over the revenue they might be losing to the relatively few hunting preserves out there in NYS.

I buy the extras because I get to use them as tags for Westchester. I like the option of taking 2 bucks a year during bow. Have I done it? Nope but the option is always nice to have. Plus it gives me more does to hunt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I know we have had our differences in the meat vs bone debate but people involved In The thread right now are truly curious of the facts that you can provide regarding amount of people hunting fences hunts. You supply those hunts with interesting animals..freaks if you will...and so should have some idea of the demand. No attack here...unless you tell me I like bone over meat(neither sounds good like that)!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some maybe. Others just being their typical Dick. The true numbers would always be hard to find as no tags or anything are needed. All I can tell you is every person that I know that has deer are pretty much sold out before they are made. Trying to find any antlered buck in mid-Late November is all but impossible and if you do you better have fairly deep pockets. The game has been on a steady increase for years and hunters ages along with no hunting land just keeps me and others putting up more wire every year. All one has to do is look at the past and see just how big of a thorn high fence is to the DEC as a whole. Believe what you will but the game is changing every year when it comes to hunting.

I buy the extras because I get to use them as tags for Westchester. I like the option of taking 2 bucks a year during bow. Have I done it? Nope but the option is always nice to have. Plus it gives me more does to hunt

2 bucks on 10/1 would be epic!

Would make for a very boring rest of the season!

I'd still love it! Gonna send it! Twice! Also given last seasons abysmal season I would gladly take even a single nice buck 10/1 two would be incredible though

Just now, The Jerkman said:

I'd still love it! Gonna send it! Twice!

Shot my bucks last year on bow and gun opener.  In a sense, I kinda regretted it, at least for bow.  Gun not so much as I rarely see a nice buck then.  But I sure would have liked to have still been in the game during rest of bow.  It would have to be a monster for me to fling another arrow on Oct 1 - not just a decent buck.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Would make for a very boring rest of the season!

I did feel sorry for you last year....esp early nov when i hadnt slung an arrow yet!  lol   I am checking this site at 7:25 am Oct 1 to see if youve "Sent it" yet!    

But yeah I just enjoy hunting too , always like to get that early doe for meat then play around for a buck after.  And i can understand - I would prob be pacing and fit to be tied if tagged out and the rut was going on - just like to hunt.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shot my bucks last year on bow and gun opener.  In a sense, I kinda regretted it, at least for bow.  Gun not so much as I rarely see a nice buck then.  But I sure would have liked to have still been in the game during rest of bow.  It would have to be a monster for me to fling another arrow on Oct 1 - not just a decent buck.
Well I have a self imposed limit that it needs to be 8 or better. Though admittedly I broke my own rule when I shot my funky 5. He was one that made me break my rule. But if I were to shoot 2 bucks in one year the second would have to be bigger than the first otherwise come end of the season and if I'm out of doe tags I'd just use it on another doe

I did feel sorry for you last year....esp early nov when i hadnt slung an arrow yet!  lol   I am checking this site at 7:25 am Oct 1 to see if youve "Sent it" yet!    
But yeah I just enjoy hunting too , always like to get that early doe for meat then play around for a buck after.  And i can understand - I would prob be pacing and fit to be tied if tagged out and the rut was going on - just like to hunt.  
If a nice buck comes within range no matter what day it's done for assuming I have tags. But I too usually just take the first doe I see as long as it's big and clearly not having babies around it. I just can't bring myself to shoot a doe with fawns when there are literally dozens of deer on the property I hunt

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

I have been saying on here for years that if one would just do some research they would see it's always been a political disease. Their...States DEC main goal is to rid the landscape of their competitors...ME! And white coats for more research dollars that does not even go to CWD research. Ny used it to close the borders for deer farms bringing in deer from other states. Then they tried to use it to shut down the deer scent business. All with unproven science. Look at how many states no longer even test deer for CWD? Another year or two and it will be a thing of the past. Kinda like Ebola.

Nobody should be "Farming" deer anyway!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Well I believe you would be shocked how many deer are taken behind fence. I can tell you that come mid Nov any antlered deer found behind wire is a highly sought after animal. Demand has always trumped supply and grows year after year. And yes when it comes to $$$ it matters. Have you lived in Ny long? The Growth Continue's!423552c4a1e84d054119afd41be13542.jpg

It's the Big business people like FSW that are ruining hunting!  All for his GOD..... $$$$$!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Do I sense some sarcasm.   lol  Fair enough, not the most thoughtful comment by me. 

Only hunting PM that day, so hold off until 5pm or so.  lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

You must have misspoke....You must have meant... The future of Hunting. Your Excused!

Regardless of what you think ,the trend is not going to shooting deer on a leash .

• Like 6