Glory Lighted Nock

grampy

While in Browns Archery shop yesterday, I  asked about lighted nocks. I have never used them before. He had Luminocks and a couple of other brands, but told me "use these Glory Nocks, I think they are awesome" so I bought a pack. I will give my opinion after target shooting and hopefully killing a deer with them. Supposed to be lighter, brighter, and easier to turn off.

Anyone out there use them?20190818_153221.thumb.jpg.dc8732bf2a61c353d4d63fede5403a3e.jpg

• Like 4

they're new to the scene and my understanding is that they're made by the maker of nockturnal. there was some thing with him and his wife and that's why he's making a new nock. nockturnals were the best of the 3 nocks i've tried over the year. The kicker is you need a tool to turn them off and glorynock claims the same performance with no tool. The reviews have been mixed online though so I'd love to hear what you think. But if they're your first lighted nock you wont have much to compare too.

and if you're a super picky archer, note that the weight is usually more than your unlighted nocks. 

• Like 1

and if you're a super picky archer, note that the weight is usually more than your unlighted nocks. 

Again firenock for the win. They have practice nocks that you can use that are perfectly weighted to match the lighted nocks! Buh bam!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pigmy said:

they're new to the scene and my understanding is that they're made by the maker of nockturnal. there was some thing with him and his wife and that's why he's making a new nock. nockturnals were the best of the 3 nocks i've tried over the year. The kicker is you need a tool to turn them off and glorynock claims the same performance with no tool. The reviews have been mixed online though so I'd love to hear what you think. But if they're your first lighted nock you wont have much to compare too.

Yes sir, after I bought them, I did research them, and that is exactly what I found too. Hoping to put them on this week and shoot, to see how they work for me. Want to narrow down what arrows I'll be hunting with as well. Then go from field points to broadheads, for practice until the opener on October 1st. Will certainly update this thread to give my opinion on the Glory nock. Even if I don't have anything to compare them to.

With this new to me bow, I'm trying some different things this year. Drop away rest, multi pin sight, dual cam, lighted nocks, perhaps going back to NAP Thunderheads from Muzzy. It is light years ahead of my 19 year old Mathews! So after having gone through the bow, top to bottom over the weekend, and shooting last night, I haven't looked forward to a bow opener this much in years!!

After shoulder surgery, I felt like my bow hunting days were about over. With this bow I can shoot more, with less pain, and It's made a huge difference for me. 

So perhaps I will kill a deer with a bow again?? moog has drawn fist blood with it. But I'm hoping not last.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, grampy said:

Yes sir, after I bought them, I did research them, and that is exactly what I found too. Hoping to put them on this week and shoot, to see how they work for me. Want to narrow down what arrows I'll be hunting with as well. Then go from field points to broadheads, for practice until the opener on October 1st. Will certainly update this thread to give my opinion on the Glory nock. Even if I don't have anything to compare them to.

With this new to me bow, I'm trying some different things this year. Drop away rest, multi pin sight, dual cam, lighted nocks, perhaps going back to NAP Thunderheads from Muzzy. It is light years ahead of my 19 year old Mathews! So after having gone through the bow, top to bottom over the weekend, and shooting last night, I haven't looked forward to a bow opener this much in years!!

After shoulder surgery, I felt like my bow hunting days were about over. With this bow I can shoot more, with less pain, and It's made a huge difference for me. 

So perhaps I will kill a deer with a bow again?? moog has drawn fist blood with it. But I'm hoping not last.

Definitely not the last Dave.  You got plenty more in you!

• Thanks 1

I also shop at Brown’s and he suggested these to me last year as well. The are nice being able to shut them off without a tool. The only thing is once you get the right size adapter for your arrow put a small dab of crazy glue on push them in. They will stay in place a lot better. I took two deer last year with these. Huge difference in brightness compared to the nocturnals on my crossbow arrows (bolts.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I gotta buy the tool for the nocturnals  They're a PITA to turn off with a knife tip etc

To turn off the Glory Nocks after shooting, you just place the nock back on the bowstring, then simply press the button on the side, remove arrow, and it's off?? Says no tools needed?

I'll see if it's really that easy once I shoot them.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I gotta buy the tool for the nocturnals  They're a PITA to turn off with a knife tip etc

I carry a field tip in my pocket, works as well as the tool in my opinion. PITA even with the tool. Still my favorite nock though. 

4 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Stopped using them after I learned my arrow was not flying properly, imbalanced.  I could have evened it out but it was just easier to use with out for me as I pass most deer anyway. 

Were you using the Glory nocks or a different brand?

21 hours ago, grampy said:

similar boat my friend. 15 year old mathews is retiring and now i have a new yardage adjustable site, new drop away rest, new fmj arrows. Takes a lot of tweaking, but so far it seems like money well spent. I was grouping nicely at 60 last night... not that i'd ever shoot that, but it's a heck of confidence booster. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pigmy said:

similar boat my friend. 15 year old mathews is retiring and now i have a new yardage adjustable site, new drop away rest, new fmj arrows. Takes a lot of tweaking, but so far it seems like money well spent. I was grouping nicely at 60 last night... not that i'd ever shoot that, but it's a heck of confidence booster. 

New bows sure are fun! Especially when it's been a long time since you've had a new one! Trying new stuff on them and with them, certainly does build excitement and confidence leading into archery season.

Best of luck to ya getting yours bloody this season!

• Like 1

most lighted nocks weigh 2-3x what the regular nocks do so they can cause an arrow to act stiff (especially if your tune was close to stiff to start).  You can always add some tip weight to offset (like moving from 100 to 125g heads).  Of course the added weight may also require an adjustment to pins.  Then you have to find similar weight nocks for practice.  I never used them because it seemed like too much effort.  But I can see the benefit of knowing how you hit the deer as some shots its tough to tell without a lighted nock.  Good luck with them Dave.  Sure make finding the arrow easier!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

most lighted nocks weigh 2-3x what the regular nocks do so they can cause an arrow to act stiff (especially if your tune was close to stiff to start).  You can always add some tip weight to offset (like moving from 100 to 125g heads).  Of course the added weight may also require an adjustment to pins.  Then you have to find similar weight nocks for practice.  I never used them because it seemed like too much effort.  But I can see the benefit of knowing how you hit the deer as some shots its tough to tell without a lighted nock.  Good luck with them Dave.  Sure make finding the arrow easier!

I did consider the weight issue affecting arrow flight/accuracy Brian. I'm going to decide what arrows I will be hunting with, and set them up with the broadhead I will be using, along with the Glory nock. With all that, no doubt I'll have to fine tune everything to have my hunting arrows hit exactly where I aim out to 30 yards, my self imposed limit for deer hunting. Once set up with broadhead and ready to hunt, I only shoot one arrow at a time. Just like hunting. Over and over. 

Seeing the flight path of the arrow will be pretty cool for hunting and practice I think? Something I've been thinking of trying for quite some time now. Getting this bow from you has been a total joy to me. I love shooting it!

• Like 1