The Jerkman

Looking for a new Pickup

Recommended Posts

With my 03 Accord Ex nearing end of life sadly. Hoping to score a sick deal come December when the dealers are trying to hit their final quotas for their big bonuses. Anyways I know little to nothing about pickups other than I probably will lease it and if I like it maybe buy it out of the end of the lease to try and stretch the payments out as much as possible. Thinking Chevy or GMC. Standard box and either extended cab or crew cab since I plan on having kids in the next 3 years so will need space for them. Anyways hopefully some of you truck folk can chime in because I don't know diddly squat about the differences between any of the trims and all. Ideally heated seats and leather since that's what I'm accustomed to. Oh and has to be 4wd otherwise why even bother right?

 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know its early for you, but definitely do some research on car seats and extended cab trucks.  There may not be enough room for some seats.  I was shocked at how big the "convertible" car seats are when I put them in our large and mid-size SUVs.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your leasing just go to a few big dealers, I just get the best deal every time and the last two times has been ford. Do NOT do extended cab with kids, go crew cab. I made that mistake last time. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For reference  have a 18 f150 xlt  crewcab, heated seats, remote start, backup cam, 20” wheels with at tires, 13,500 miles a month, I pay $450 with no money down (I was a bit over my miles last truck so payment would be lower). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

 

With my 03 Accord Ex nearing end of life sadly. Hoping to score a sick deal come December when the dealers are trying to hit their final quotas for their big bonuses. Anyways I know little to nothing about pickups other than I probably will lease it and if I like it maybe buy it out of the end of the lease to try and stretch the payments out as much as possible. Thinking Chevy or GMC. Standard box and either extended cab or crew cab since I plan on having kids in the next 3 years so will need space for them. Anyways hopefully some of you truck folk can chime in because I don't know diddly squat about the differences between any of the trims and all. Ideally heated seats and leather since that's what I'm accustomed to. Oh and has to be 4wd otherwise why even bother right?

 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

 

 

 

I was in the same situation and contemplated for a few years. I loved the Ford F150, but they don't fit in most regular size garages. I needed to get a compact truck and wanted 4 full doors, heated seats, etc. The Ford Ranger fit the bill perfectly. I'm only 1,200 miles in, but I could not be any happier with my decision! The other choices I thought about were the Chevy Colorado and Toyota Tacoma in that size. I also get 22MPG, which i am more than happy with on a truck that takes 87 gas.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 3

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know its early for you, but definitely do some research on car seats and extended cab trucks.  There may not be enough room for some seats.  I was shocked at how big the "convertible" car seats are when I put them in our large and mid-size SUVs.     
Oooo that's a good call! Luckily my brother has a 3 year old. And my parents always have a set in one of their cars for when he stays over at Grandma and Pop's house. And I believe it, some of his seats are downright massive!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For reference  have a 18 f150 xlt  crewcab, heated seats, remote start, backup cam, 20” wheels with at tires, 13,500 miles a month, I pay $450 with no money down (I was a bit over my miles last truck so payment would be lower). 
Yeah I want to do zero down and likely try and keep things under 450 or so if possible. Which obviously can be difficult with trucks. I figure currently I'm around 10k a year at best and will probably stay that level for at least another year. Working in Manhattan tends to drop the mileage a bit since I take the train in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would stay away from the Toyota,  all the reasons they gained such popularity are no longer in play , the technology in the drivetrains that Ford and gm are using is far superior to Toyota now a days.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go Ford, rumor has it Chevy dropped to 3rd on the truck list, fords been on top for a reason.

  • Like 3

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

go crew crab.  the ford has lots of room.  Or you can consider a gladiator and go convertible in the summer since I am now on a jeep kick.  lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with your research. I'm certain you will find something that fits exactly what your needs are. 

I would suggest though, that with a growing family, the four door option on whatever you decide.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

e40728f9087558ae20264164cc077328.jpg

ef67dead1105090e8aeda8115fee79ba.jpg

You definitely want white like the Biz & Moog mobiles.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely a crew cab with kids. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the "these are better than those" discussions with a lease. If you are leasing they are all good options, you will be out of it in 3 years anyway and it will be under warranty. Go look at all of them and see what fits you best and see who will work the best deal with you.

I've had a few different trucks and different brands, but haven't even looked at this year's new models so I can't comment on "what is better" for me, and that may not be better for you anyway.   A couple of friends and one of my sons works for NYS's largest dealer group, they all tell me to get a Toyota or Ford for my next truck.  I haven't owned either, but my next one will most likely be one of those two. I do love the new Ram HD's though!

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
e40728f9087558ae20264164cc077328.jpg&key=bea11238d687147017461fc9e24e4b352fb0f3ad40919d8bed8508410a9aa769

ef67dead1105090e8aeda8115fee79ba.jpg&key=035894598519a2ec33e226997106a65489dc6fa54f9ef1b136b47c9e9f08fd1e

You definitely want white like the Biz & Moog mobiles.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha Never! I can't stand white cars. Probably go with BLACK or really any other dark color they are looking to move. If I ever decided to buy it out it would be getting a full body and undercarriage coating of line-x so color would be meaningless anyways

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Hahaha Never! I can't stand white cars. Probably go with BLACK or really any other dark color they are looking to move. If I ever decided to buy it out it would be getting a full body and undercarriage coating of line-x so color would be meaningless anyways

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

The last 4 vehicles I purchased were black.  I have to say, I am liking the white.  Always looks clean unlike black which looks clean long enough to put away the drying towels from the wash.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll throw in my 2 cents. Go crew cab don't even think about the extended cab. I had an extended cab when my kids where babies and while the car seats fit without issue it was tight for sure. I now have a crew cab and would have loved dearly to have that extra space while I was dealing with car seats and kids that can't buckle themselves in. 

For an example say its absolutely pouring rain outside and you have an extended cab. You get soaked while getting your baby/child into their seat and buckled up. With a crew cab you jump into the back with them and stay dry while getting them buckled up nice and safe. Sounds stupid but when it happens you will be SO happy you have the crew cab and are dry. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I'll throw in my 2 cents. Go crew cab don't even think about the extended cab. I had an extended cab when my kids where babies and while the car seats fit without issue it was tight for sure. I now have a crew cab and would have loved dearly to have that extra space while I was dealing with car seats and kids that can't buckle themselves in. 

For an example say its absolutely pouring rain outside and you have an extended cab. You get soaked while getting your baby/child into their seat and buckled up. With a crew cab you jump into the back with them and stay dry while getting them buckled up nice and safe. Sounds stupid but when it happens you will be SO happy you have the crew cab and are dry. 

I'll confirm your truck cab very roomy. Your 2 kids , Samantha, you and I and transporting her buck to the processer

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Hahaha Never! I can't stand white cars. Probably go with BLACK or really any other dark color they are looking to move. If I ever decided to buy it out it would be getting a full body and undercarriage coating of line-x so color would be meaningless anyways

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

I've had dark blue and grey most recently, but love the white now.


"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White????? Red is better. Hands down.. Red Gladiator pickup is something to look into.

IMG_20180701_122710345.jpg

IMG_20180701_122657154.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what would @Bionic do? I'm guessing a FORD

  • Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biz-R-OWorld haha, i do like my Fords, next is a Ranger, might go charcoal though.  I thought I would get sick of white, but I like it a lot.  I have an F250, so the Escape is just a commuter.  I always say stick to what has given you good luck....

0EB3BB9E-90E6-4AB2-A090-6F5CE024C6CC.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bionic said:

@Biz-R-OWorld haha, i do like my Fords, next is a Ranger, might go charcoal though.  I thought I would get sick of white, but I like it a lot.  I have an F250, so the Escape is just a commuter.  I always say stick to what has given you good luck....

0EB3BB9E-90E6-4AB2-A090-6F5CE024C6CC.jpeg

The escape was in the storm chaser video yesterday on instagram ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The escape was in the storm chaser video yesterday on instagram ?

Nope, Jenn’s Kia Soul.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

White????? Red is better. Hands down.. Red Gladiator pickup is something to look into.

IMG_20180701_122710345.jpg

IMG_20180701_122657154.jpg

is that yours? Nice Ride


"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.