Looking for a new Pickup

Marion

I currently have a Chevy. Previously two were Rams. I like/liked them all. They each had different configurations depending on my wants and needs at the time. First one was a simple crew cab (not mega cab), 6.5' bed 1500. Next one was a crew cab, 8' bed 2500 (a boat to park), and the current one is a big crew cab, 5' bed 1500 with a 12,000# towing capability. I wish I could have gotten a simple crew cab and regular bed for the current one, but couldn't find that with the towing package. Also, I wanted a 1500 so I could drive on the parkways with noncommercial plates. There really are tradeoffs with interior space, bed space and towing capability. When I bought my Chevy in 2017, the Rams at the time were a step behind with the safety technology dodads. I don't know if the current ones have caught up. Ford is the king for tech and safety dodads, but really expensive, and I find them ugly.

9 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I just bought an 02 accord after upgrading from a 1999 accord . My tow vehicle is a 2002   2500hd chevy. I'd love a new one but dam are they expensive. 

I have a 2001 Chevy 2500HD that I use as a tow vehicle for work. Body looks like hell but It has the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I've ever owned, and there's quite a list there. I like the 2001's seats much better than my 2017's. The first week I got my 2017 Chevy, I honestly thought I was going to have to return it the seat was so uncomfortable. Thankfully, it broke in and is now tolerable.

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I was just joking lol. some communities do have rules on colors of houses, landscaping, etc. but the 99 towns parking rule was a joke. But I personally think if you have a garage, it should be to put cars inside of it. I hate when i see 5-6 cars parked in a driveway every single day.

In the twelve years I’ve lived in my home, I can count the number of times I’ve left my truck outside.  New houses 3rd garage is plenty large enough for my truck. Might even have room for the Hydro Tractor aka the lawn mower. Lol!

• Like 3

I'll toss the suggestion for a Nissan Titan.
Have had this 2017 Crew Cab SV for a little over 30,000 miles and its doing great. Plenty on pulling power, and even does a great job with snow removal. As stated a few times above.....crew cab is a must....with two young boys the extra space is always a plus!d7c05399d830a3e4e6f5a4b2accedcf3.jpg41cf017523a677574b95e830d84f1f24.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

My boss has a 2014 Ridgeline and it is a great vehicle.  It could check off 90% of the boxes on my list.  A hitch hauler would take care of the remaining 10%..........'cept they're butt ugly now.

The first Ridgeline edition looks wise reminded me a lot of the Chevy Avalanche, in 2017 Honda did the new redesign and it is better looking to me and actually pretty sharp. I love mine,

In this day and age it is very easy to research a vehicle and get pretty good reliable information on everything about them. You Tube is another resource showing vehicles put through their paces so there is a lot of help making an informed decision. 

When it comes to trucks owners there is a lot of "All Hat and no Cowboy" stuff that is spewed so consider the source of your information.

Al

2019-08-20_074909.png

2018-honda-ridgeline-white-diamond-pearl_o.jpg

Edited by airedale

11 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Please don't take offense, just not the look I'd be going for but EVERYTHING else about them appeals to me.

No offense taken. IMO, the Ridgeline is certainly nicer looking than the new Rams and GMC's. Truth be known, I like the Chevy's look better. But the trade-offs were more than worth it to me.

for what it's worth, i've found the best truck deals to be in the fall, not in december but i doubt the difference is drastic.

I haven't read all 3 pages, but im sure everyone is recommending their personal choice to you. I'll put it this way, I don't think you can go wrong with any major brand. They're all good and pretty similar with just some design and feature differences, so i suggest you just shop around. I'd probably avoid nissan and honda though.

and if it helps, I have 3 boys and just picked up a 19 silverado crew rst. It's a beautiful truck and with z71 and few other options my lease is under $500.

• Like 1

I would stay away from the Toyota,  all the reasons they gained such popularity are no longer in play , the technology in the drivetrains that Ford and gm are using is far superior to Toyota now a days.  
The durability of the steel, insane retained value and Toyota's dependability hasn't gone away. Did I mention it's American made? Take a look at the shape of other brands that are 10+ years old and look at body condition. I've owned 2 Dodge Rams that were rotting out by the time I sent the last payment. If you're looking for a fancy, modern interior with touchscreens big enough to watch a movie on then sure, don't get a Toyota. But if you want a truck that'll last you a long time and still be worth money after that then grab a Toyota. My .02...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

The durability of the steel, insane retained value and Toyota's dependability hasn't gone away. Did I mention it's American made? Take a look at the shape of other brands that are 10+ years old and look at body condition. I've owned 2 Dodge Rams that were rotting out by the time I sent the last payment. If you're looking for a fancy, modern interior with touchscreens big enough to watch a movie on then sure, don't get a Toyota. But if you want a truck that'll last you a long time and still be worth money after that then grab a Toyota. My .02...

How many frames did they just have to replace?

• Haha 1

I don't see Toyota giving manufacturer rebates of $9-13,000 every year to push trucks either. That's because they aren't way overpriced to begin with, they sell without extreme discounts. I'm not a Toyota fanboy by any means, just call it as I see it. I researched all truck brands before I bought my Tundra and I have zero regrets. I liked my Rams but the body rot was ridiculous.

In all seriousness, I’ve owned two S10 zr2’s, a 08 Tacoma Trd Sport 4 door, FJ cruiser Trd and a 4 runner Limited for the wife, 3 Tundras, 2 rock warriors and a Trd Pro. No major issues with any of the yota’s. Great resale value and a amazing dealer was why I stayed with Toyota for so long. Truthfully I got tired of buying the same truck over again when purchasing Tundras. The Ram is loaded and huge inside, I also don’t need to add air bags to it to accommodate the sled deck unlike the 3 previous Tundras. All newer trucks are a good purchase it truly depends how long you plan on keeping it as to were the expense/value comes in.  

P.S.

The diesel is just so fun to drive

Edited by J sin
P.S.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

No offense taken. IMO, the Ridgeline is certainly nicer looking than the new Rams and GMC's. Truth be known, I like the Chevy's look better. But the trade-offs were more than worth it to me.

wait, wait, wait

did you just say the ridgeline is nicer looking than the new gmc?

01-2019-gmc-sierra-denali-oem.jpg

• Like 2

Yes I did. IMO, that GMC does nothing for me. I’m actually liking the Ridgeline more every day. I do wish the front end was a bit “tougher” looking... and I am over the chrome stuff. But, I will tell you, it drives as nice as a Cadaverlac!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, goosifer said:

I have a 2001 Chevy 2500HD that I use as a tow vehicle for work. Body looks like hell but It has the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I've ever owned, and there's quite a list there. I like the 2001's seats much better than my 2017's. The first week I got my 2017 Chevy, I honestly thought I was going to have to return it the seat was so uncomfortable. Thankfully, it broke in and is now tolerable.

Mine was  garage queen until we bought a camper ,I just turned 50k on her. No rust at all,had it under coated the day after I bought it. Frame and undercarriage are mint. Its seen snow less then ten times and is stored in my heated garage . My new to me accord just turned 159k .

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 1

all new vehicles are worth more than they actually are. stupid how much money vehicles are now. i have a 2013 extended cab gmc sierra shoulder room is nice still but leg room (aka car seat room) will screw you hard.  looking to possibly replace the wife's 2019 jetta and we have to go big at least a mid sized suv to plan for possible kid room. extended cabs aren't made anymore. double cabs same size except with normal swing doors. need to go crew cab or bigger for space front to back like others have said.