Looking for a new Pickup

Marion

2 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Say what you want about Subaru's.  Driving one got me sole access to 1200 acres of land from a farmer who has 3 lesbian daughters.  Driving up to his house in one made quite an impression.

I'm guessing between you,the farmer and his 3 lesbian daughters ,you all had one thing in common...

This member sent a text to a few forum members this past weekend. It was nice of him to let us know and brave as well. He will still be my friend. I don't anticipate him starting a thread about it or anything.

Excellent - please don’t misunderstand my stereotypical and sophomoric sense of humor that I hold back from no group or people (including myself!). I’m glad s/he feels comfortable enough with him/herself to share that part of life with you and others and glad that there is greater acceptance in general. I have many great friends (Fun fact: I was even the best man at a gay wedding) and colleagues and students who are gay or bi or undetermined and I tease and taunt and harass them like I do everyone else. They wouldn’t want it any other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

So the Baja wasn't Subaru's first venture into a pickupesque vehicle?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I guess not.  According to Wikipedia, Ronald Reagan owned one from 1978-1998 and kept it at his ranch in California.  I guess the Fords, Chevy's and Ram's weren't tough enough for him.  LOL

17 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Excellent - please don’t misunderstand my stereotypical and sophomoric sense of humor that I hold back from no group or people (including myself!). I’m glad s/he feels comfortable enough with him/herself to share that part of life with you and others and glad that there is greater acceptance in general. I have many great friends (Fun fact: I was even the best man at a gay wedding) and colleagues and students who are gay or bi or undetermined and I tease and taunt and harass them like I do everyone else. They wouldn’t want it any other way.

I approached it the same way. I thought of every possible to use words like Bilingual, Biennial, Bipolar, Bipod, Bifurcate, etc.

2 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

Must be rednecks working for Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, Cars.com, JD Power, Car & Driver, Consumer Reports etc.  They all recognize the term.

The term "light duty" is more common, but applies to half-tons vs "heavy duty" which denotes 3/4 tons.

If you went to a dealership and told them you were interested in a half-ton work truck, I'm pretty sure they would know exactly what you were talking about.  

i'm not saying the term is confusing or not uderstood nor recognized. For all the reasons you pointed out, it's still common. But I do believe it's less common and most if not all advertising uses terms like "leading full size pickup" not "leading 1/2 ton pickup"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

you weren't on the group text. A fellow forum member is bisexual. Not sure if he told his family yet, so I don't want to out him.

yeah sorry i didn't see your post up there. thought i missed something. he or she always has my full support. Think i've been pretty clear over the years regarding my views on bigotry. 

It's funny, all the crap papsmear posted over the years his final nail in the coffin was using a medical condition some children suffer from as a derogatory insult to another. I'm glad the mods don't let that shit go here. It's ok to jab, joke and have fun and I think it's important to have thick skin. But one thing I learned in college with a pretty diverse group of friends, is that you never know how someone else will take it. Now that said, most reasonable people understand intent is more important than the word, but we're mostly strangers here and hate speech has no place. 

-off my soap box

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

True story: I just parked at the train station and some town construction truck pulled up and the guy asked me about the Ranger. He said he has a Colorado, but now he wants a Ranger.

Fake news!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I'm waiting for a good deal. My inspection isn't due until the last day of the year. I've got time. Patience is a virtue ma man

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm scared what direction this thread will take next. And Biz better stop airing out my personal Biznuss!! It was just between me and him and he was in that purty truck.....

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1