Looking for a new Pickup

Marion

I guess this was the point I was trying to make in general..   Go and put 1,560 - 1,860 pounds in your Ranger (I am a huge fan of the new Ranger, so nothing against the truck) and let me know what you think.  I am willing to bet you will not drive it down the road and feel safe.
I have personal experience with a Ram 1500 and F150.    Despite what the published payloads are, it is like night and day in reality...   The F150 can handle a lot more tongue weight and payload.   
The point was that they market payload, towing capacity, etc..  because it makes things sound good, but the reality is that 70% of the people that drive trucks never use them to those levels..

I didn’t buy the Ranger for payload though. I bought it for size to fit in garage otherwise I would have bought the F150. The Honda CRV we have that my wife drives daily to work can tow a trailer with an atv without. So the Ranger is more than plenty for my situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

True story: I just parked at the train station and some town construction truck pulled up and the guy asked me about the Ranger. He said he has a Colorado, but now he wants a Ranger.

Are you sure he wasn't just hitting on you?

• Like 1

If you don't know the difference between a colorado and silverado or tacoma and tundra you shouldn't be driving or talking about trucks. It's not like there is some secret powers under their hood and with their suspensions that put them in the same performance class. One is big, the other is smaller. Don't over complicate it.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Belo said:

If you don't know the difference between a colorado and silverado or tacoma and tundra you shouldn't be driving or talking about trucks. It's not like there is some secret powers under their hood and with their suspensions that put them in the same performance class. One is big, the other is smaller. Don't over complicate it.

That why I only use model names and not phrases like "half ton", which make zero sense the last 70 years. I would never call a F150 anything else besides an F150.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That why I only use model names and not phrases like "half ton", which make zero sense the last 70 years. I would never call a F150 anything else besides an F150.

i'm with you. i've never used the term 1/2 ton either. Frankly, the only guys that do are some pretty old school rednecks I know. For me it's full or midsize. We don't even really use the term light duty or whatever we used to call the older s-10's and rangers before they grew too.

1 minute ago, Belo said:

i'm with you. i've never used the term 1/2 ton either. Frankly, the only guys that do are some pretty old school rednecks I know. For me it's full or midsize. We don't even really use the term light duty or whatever we used to call the older s-10's and rangers before they grew too.

agree. If i had to use a word for the smaller trucks, i would probably say "compact pickup truck"

27 minutes ago, Belo said:

Must be rednecks working for Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, Cars.com, JD Power, Car & Driver, Consumer Reports etc.  They all recognize the term.

The term "light duty" is more common, but applies to half-tons vs "heavy duty" which denotes 3/4 tons.

If you went to a dealership and told them you were interested in a half-ton work truck, I'm pretty sure they would know exactly what you were talking about.  

Edited by stubborn1VT
addition

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

The ranger is apparently known in the LGBT crowd as the truck to own if you're advertising, much like an earring in your right emoji101.png

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

How long has this thread been going on? Just buy a truck already!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Belo said:

People in the industry say f150 and heavy duty to differentiate between the 2 truck models.

46 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

The ranger is apparently known in the LGBT crowd as the truck to own if you're advertising, much like an earring in your right emoji101.png

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's the official truck of the gay pride parade.  Can haul a 2 ton load of gay folks in the back.  LOL

2 minutes ago, steve863 said:

It's the official truck of the gay pride parade.  Can haul a 2 ton load of gay folks in the back.  LOL

A fellow forum member recently come out as bi, so i think we should refrain from these types of jokes.

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

bi-sexual

Well, they have the right to hunt and/or post on this forum just like anyone else.  I need not know or be told that someone has such a preference.  I can respect anyone, they just need to keep such matters to themselves and not be telling me about it 24/7.  Then they will start losing me for sure.

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Well this just took a hard turn now didn’t it?!??

3 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Well, they have the right to hunt and/or post on this forum just like anyone else.  I need not know or be told that someone has such a preference.  I can respect anyone, they just need to keep such matters to themselves and not be telling me about it 24/7.  Then they will start losing me for sure.

This member sent a text to a few forum members this past weekend. It was nice of him to let us know and brave as well. He will still be my friend. I don't anticipate him starting a thread about it or anything.

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Subaru owners everywhere rejoice!

Say what you want about Subaru's.  Driving one got me sole access to 1200 acres of land from a farmer who has 3 lesbian daughters.  Driving up to his house in one made quite an impression.