2019 Campaign to support the Venison Donation Coalition

I hope everyone's preparations for the upcoming season are going well. Personally, it seems like I never leave myself enough time to do all that I want to getting ready. 

With the season approaching and folks buying their licenses,I wanted to remind everyone about the Venison Donation Coalition.

As many of you may remember from last year, the NY branches of QDMA, our branch included, contributed to the Venison Donation Coalition. This is a not for profit organization that pays participating processors to cut up deer, donated by hunters. The meat is then utilized by food pantries, shelters and other service providers that feed those in need. 
I am very happy to say that the State branches raised over $6,000 for the VDC and our branch was responsible for over $3,200 of that total. This was a combination of a Go Fund Me drive and a $1,000 branch donation. Since increasing of shared venison meals is one of our National missions in the 5 year plan, we will be doing the same thing again this year. 

The branch will match up to $1,000 raised in this year's Go Fund Me campaign. . 

Please consider making a contribution and pass this link around. I would like to see us beat our contribution from last year.

There are 4 ways you can contribute to this Not For Profit organization. 

Directly
Through our Go Fund Me link above
When you buy your license form an issuing agent, Remind them about it. 
Either buying your license online or through the toll free phone number. 

Most of the agents are not trained to ask the question and that is the largest missed opportunity of the process. 

Any amount will help in the effort not matter which avenue you use to donate. This money does not go to NY State. 

Thank you and have a safe and productive season. 
  • Like 1

If, when you bought your license and you asked to contribute and one of the following happened please let me know here. I am trying to put some data together. 

1- Were not asked to contribute and didn't contribute

2- Were not asked to contribute and the licensing agent knew nothing about this, but was able to find the donation spot and I contributed

3- Were not asked to contribute, the licensing agent knew nothing about this and they could not find a spot in the system to let me contribute. 

If you experience was other than those 3 please post it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, b3h said:

Mentioned it to local LA. They knew nothing abt it. I am watching this and Qdma. Will get on it pretty soon and donate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you , I  appreciate it. I am trying to get some data together to send to the NYS licensing group trying to show they really need to take action to better inform the LA's

Thanks you Moog and Biz. I appreciate it. I probably should have worded that better. I trying to figure out how balled up their system is. Last year on here there were quite a few folks on this site that really stepped up an contributed through our campaign. I am hoping to have the system get set up right and them to get the work out so there doesn't have to be a campaign. 

• Like 1

I forgot to contribute, when I bought my licence earlier this week.  I paid $ 10 for (2) dmp tags in my WMU.  My plan now is to contribute $ 10, towards the venison donation program, when I go back for (2) more dmp tags after November 1.  Normally, they do not charge for those extra tags.   Lots of folks go back for that second draw.   I have always got those (2) extra tags, but It has been a few years since I filled one of them (I never filled both and I usually have a tough time filling the first two).   I would like to see that $10 go to such a good cause.   That gives me more incentive to make the short trip to Walmart, after November 1, to pick up those (2) extra tags.          

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just a reminder all. If you haven’t had a chance yet to donate through the licensing portal and would like to toss a couple bucks towards a very worthy program, hit up our go fund me page. We are coming into the season where many deer are going to be brought into participating butchers and every dollar will help assure this program continues in the state.

Greater Rochester branch is matching donations dollar for dollar up to $1,000

• 2 weeks later...