Some new arrivals in daylight

G-Man

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I hunt from the ground. I get this look a LOT!!!!!

Nice bucks and pic's G-man!!

You should try just a short ladder 3- 4 ft off ground, the fact deer can see daylight under you makes them much more at ease..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Engraver99 said:

damn....wish I could find some in my woods like that!

That is over 25 years of managing the habitat,  my.neighbor told me there are less deer since I moved in but they are bigger. Body and horns. I feel good as that was my.goal and hes lived there 50 years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, G-Man said:

You should try just a short ladder 3- 4 ft off ground, the fact deer can see daylight under you makes them much more at ease..

We do have quite a few Short Ladders scattered around. And I do sometimes hunt them, depending on deer movement at the time. Just really prefer hunting from the ground. And honestly, due to years of trial and error, I don't get busted as much now, as I used to from the ground. 

But I have seen my share of "that look"!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grampy said:

We do have quite a few Short Ladders scattered around. And I do sometimes hunt them, depending on deer movement at the time. Just really prefer hunting from the ground. And honestly, due to years of trial and error, I don't get busted as much now, as I used to from the ground. 

But I have seen my share of "that look"!!!

I myself frequent my hot spot in a patch of pines.setup is a "buddy stand" with half the ladder off.can reach up and set my bow on the seat.4 or 5 steps and im in it.have had my fair share of trial and error also and that look.love hunting lower though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

How old do you think those two are? 2 1/2?

My belief is . The 6pt is 2.5 and the 8 is 3.5  anything over 3.5 is just a guess for me via photos, but teeth dont lie.. they just dont seem to let me look at them when they are alive..

• Like 3