How many strikes ?

Swamp_bucks

Technically I could have used a ";" in place of that period mark. Correct[mention=327]crappyice[/mention]?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well, since you asked, having two sentences is fine. It’s the comma after the first Introductory Phrase that is missing, plus the two commas surrounding the parenthetical statement, and the end mark of sentence two, of course. Other than that, ya done good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Ive told him before i started getting ready this year last year was just to get him into it.  But figured it wouldnt hurt to have him shoot and introduce him into more people that hunt.   And once that started hes stuck his hand out expecting a free ride.  I do feel bad for him didnt have an easy life and no one to show him really anything.  Ill be reminding him in the morning how this is going to work.

The way you described his tone in your first post and now you say that he "didn't have an easy life" makes me think this guy won't take it too well when you tell him that he is no longer welcome to hunt with you.  I'd tread lightly with this guy.  Sounds like he could be vindictive.  You don't want your season screwed up having to deal with the shenanigans he could be capable of pulling.  My .02. 

• Like 1

None of us know the whole story here, and I don't think you've gone into much detail...

If this is someone you were "mentoring", I would lay it out to him that you went out of your way to help, and unfortunately you don't have the time & resources to keep coaching him. Maybe one more lesson in scouting & suggest some decent public land spots he can scout and hunt on his own. Point him in the direction of some internet sites where he can either get tips on hunting or access public land information. If he wants to hunt badly enough he will either get a bicycle or bum a ride from someone else to get there.

If he's just plain lazy (or cheap), I'd tell him unfortunately the lease is for paying members only. And that you aren't running a taxi service and only have enough guns & scopes for yourself.

If he's just a dick and trying to push you around, I'd bring him one more time (to a different location), get him all set up, head home, and turn off your phone. The walk home will give him lots to think about, and probably take you off his Christmas card list.

If he's somewhat of a jerk but you still want the friendship (strange as it sounds, I have a couple casual fishing/hunting buddies like this), come up with some boundaries ON YOUR TERMS and stick to them. He'll either accept it or move on, and either is a win as I see it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Jerkmann said:

This kind of Crap reminds me of total strangers , I encounter while Pheasant Hunting. Of course they don't have a Dog with them. They catch up with me and Chit- Chat and then won't leave! Now ABBEY has to range in front of them too. A Pheasant gets up and they  make sure they shoot first. I have a bad habit-- I am too nice of a Guy. And if you have seen any of my Videos-- you know how, I speak. -- The nerve of some hunters! Let me throw up the right--(face).:threaten:

did you seriously change your name AGAIN?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Belo said:

jesus

so the guy's a d-bag and you're willing to take an assault charge?

some of yall are super tough behind that keyboard

Your right ... this day  and age  with all the libtards and snowflakes . Perhaps he should get a time out in a safe place and an strongly worded  letter of admonishment.  Then we can all feel sorry for him ....  I will give him a stand and perhaps you donate a rifle .  Somebody else can teach him to hunt . And through all the osmosis  of good feelings he will learn respect ,courtesy  and values . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Your right ... this day  and age  with all the libtards and snowflakes . Perhaps he should get a time out in a safe place and an strongly worded  letter of admonishment.  Then we can all feel sorry for him ....  I will give him a stand and perhaps you donate a rifle .  Somebody else can teach him to hunt . And through all the osmosis  of good feelings he will learn respect ,courtesy  and values . 

you and i have no information on this relationship. I have friends who do and say dumb shit sometimes. Heck, I have family that does and says stupid shit. My first instinct isn't to haul off on them. We have a serious convo, then if it escalates to a threat against me, my family or my property we handle it. You can be a tough guy and a decent human being. 

Edited by Belo

you and i have no information on this relationship. I have friends who do and say dumb shit sometimes. Heck, I have family that does and says stupid shit. My first instinct isn't to haul off on them. We have a serious convo, then if it escalates to a threat against me, my family or my property we handle it. You can be a tough guy and a decent human being. 
He already said in numbers:
2) told me he was just going to show up to my lease whenever he wanted.  
3) told me i was going to let him use my guns if he cant find a scope for his.
4) i have to drive him to scout his pieces

This guy has proven himself to be a piece of shit. Swampass probably already tried to be cordial with the guy which mystery douche took for weakness. Time to cut him out completely. And tell him the moment he steps foot on your land he's getting a trip to the pokey

• Like 1

I really do believe we agree here ... anybody I would take the time to do what the OP did  probably  would not be  the kind of person to do that . That said  I don't take kindly to demands  and threats . I was brought up differently.   Generally it was settled with out the fear of the law.  And yes  I can till dust it off.

22 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

He already said in numbers:

This guy has proven himself to be a piece of shit. Swampass probably already tried to be cordial with the guy which mystery douche took for weakness. Time to cut him out completely. And tell him the moment he steps foot on your land he's getting a trip to the pokey

yes he said those things, to which you very clearly and without any room for misinterpretation make it clear that it's not acceptable and what the consequences are. You don't just go straight to face punching. I don't know about all of you, but i have a family and nice things that would all go away with an assault charge. yes that's the world we live in.

• Like 1

yes he said those things, to which you very clearly and without any room for misinterpretation make it clear that it's not acceptable and what the consequences are. You don't just go straight to face punching. I don't know about all of you, but i have a family and nice things that would all go away with an assault charge. yes that's the world we live in.
Oh I never said to punch him in the mouth right away. You just cut him off and be done with the asshole. If he keeps up and tries to start shit then if you have to, you defend yourself appropriately

• Like 1

I layed it out for him this morning at work.  Told him i didnt mind helping if it was needed and not because he feels like being lazy like he has been or even some advice but he had to do some research of his own.  But made it very clear he was out of line on the things he keeps saying and i wasnt hunting with him anymore we could shoot bows but the hunting side is done. And explained again that last year was to get him into it and not to hold his hand every year.  I gave him some things to look into for info like youtube, forums like this,joining gun clubs,outdoor shows,ect.  Tried getting it across as nice as possible that it was time to man up and figure it out.   We will see if it sunk in. He didnt say much just sorry for how he acted a couple times.

• Like 3

I layed it out for him this morning at work.  Told him i didnt mind helping if it was needed and not because he feels like being lazy like he has been or even some advice but he had to do some research of his own.  But made it very clear he was out of line on the things he keeps saying and i wasnt hunting with him anymore we could shoot bows but the hunting side is done. And explained again that last year was to get him into it and not to hold his hand every year.  I gave him some things to look into for info like youtube, forums like this,joining gun clubs,outdoor shows,ect.  Tried getting it across as nice as possible that it was time to man up and figure it out.   We will see if it sunk in. He didnt say much just sorry for how he acted a couple times.
Hope he learned his lesson

19 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

This entitlement crap that seems to be free flowing with certain people in this country is getting out of hand. Glad you set him straight and hopefully he’s smart enough to realize what a ass he was. 

16 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Strike 1)

Well today as i left work a guy i took out last year for his first season made a rookie mistake among me and my friends. He looked at me and said i needed to get him a stand or give him one of mine(didnt miss hear him he sakd it twice).  As you can guess that was responded with a quick no and that my hard earned money wasnt for his hobbies.  

Now i try to be a patient man and ive warned him about what comes out of his mouth may cost him.   Just not sure if i can give out anymore breaks. 

What would you do?

Is he mentally ill?

I have a neighbor I took to a few spots I've found, including the one I hunted last couple of years. He has an overly "familiar" way about him. Like right off the bat telling my friend who owns the land he could leave keys to his tractor to drag back deer cause my neighbor knows how to use it, but worse ignoring instructions on how he can get into the property, whether he can hunt during gun season, etc.

It turned off the land owner and I very quickly could not vouch for him anymore, so now neighbor lost out.