Broad head of choice?

fadetoblack188

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

wow didn’t mean to start a ruckus.  I am sure it’s a fast bow.  My 346 ibo rated bow only shoots em mid 270s at 28.25” DL and 520g arrow, at least according to my chrono.  

I was trying to tell him these new speed bows are nasty with a 350 ibo and the 75% rock mods its adds another 5 to 7fps and at 72 pound draw weight and 29 inches with a 418gr arrow its fast I could of gotten it faster but I like having the 400gr arrows and 320 is fast enough for me.. sorry to the op for messing the thread up

Edited by silent death

I owned a halon 6 maxed out at #70 shooting axis 400’s with a 28.5” draw length and could only get it up to 295. I also couldn’t wait to get rid of that thing , every broadhead I’ve tried arrows flew funny. Also needed a back bar for proper balance cause Mathews are notoriously top heavy 

I am shooting montecs this year. And bow speeds are a finicky issue,depends on the chronograph and other factors. Most ibo speeds are inflated,so the real speeds are a lot less than what you would think. IMO 320 fps to 290 does not make much of a difference in the real world. Barely 10%.

14 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I owned a halon 6 maxed out at #70 shooting axis 400’s with a 28.5” draw length and could only get it up to 295. I also couldn’t wait to get rid of that thing , every broadhead I’ve tried arrows flew funny. Also needed a back bar for proper balance cause Mathews are notoriously top heavy 

Must of had a bad one theres multiple you tube vids of the 6 in the mid 300s the backwall on the 5 with the rock mods suck u creep a little it wants to take off

Edited by silent death

U really are u stupid when is the last time u bought a speed bow I'll wait ibo is done buy a 30 inch draw with a 350gr arrow 5grpi . My bow has 75 rock mods set at 72 pounds with a 29 inch draw ...with a 350ibo run the numbers bud I'll wait... I have my own chrono call any bow shop and ask what speeds the halon 32 5 shoots with a 400 gr arrow with 75 rock mods at 29 inch draw
Well that's petty.

I think your stupider

And I shoot rage !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

No he sets my bows up when I buy them go troll elsewhere kid .. a bow with a 350 ibo isnt gonna shoot 280 what world u living in. Go check the arrow calculator for your self i cut my own arrows have my own chrono do u I doubt it . 

My Mathews HTX is 326 IBO and shoots 238fps thru Chrono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Well that's petty.

I think your stupider

And I shoot rage !

Why because I actually shoot my bow through a chrono graph lol u people are a joke bash away fellas.. u guys are like a girl scout group one person defies what u say and then all there buddy's chime in same people everytime same group but whatever it's been said before. 

Edited by silent death

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My Mathews HTX is 326 IBO and shoots 238fps thru Chrono

Sent from my iPhone using 

Right but what is your draw lenghth every inch off of 30 inch draw u subtract 10fps off the bows ibo speed u shoot 60 pounds you will never get ibo or anywhere near it all bows are done 30 inch draw 70 pounds shooting a bare shaft at 5gpi

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

^^^ and by mfgers using a sled with a mechanical release mechanism in a lab to determine advertised performance specs.All while using each specific bows MAX draw wgt and lightest arrows. Can't say never, but very rarely will a hunter ever achieve advertised specs.

Like others have said, so what... ! Wonder if Saxton Pope or Fred Bear gave a $hit about this..?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, silent death said:

Why because I actually shoot my bow through a chrono graph lol u people are a joke bash away fellas.. u guys are like a girl scout group one person defies what u say and then all there buddy's chime in same people everytime same group but whatever it's been said before. 

Some pics from our previous Girl Scout meetings Troup 69

7A2A8020-C87C-48CA-B6DE-50562A6F87A0.jpeg

1EE5FAE2-0DA9-4523-881C-7C9D1A7D41C8.jpeg

54907A96-8599-4B2C-8CD4-FD23271AF136.jpeg

27FA186E-D6B4-4E4D-9176-5936755FC6C2.jpeg

3C252CCB-84B5-4AD1-823D-6551C54B0AE6.jpeg

Edited by sodfather
  • Like 3

Right but what is your draw lenghth every inch off of 30 inch draw u subtract 10fps off the bows ibo speed u shoot 60 pounds you will never get ibo or anywhere near it all bows are done 30 inch draw 70 pounds shooting a bare shaft at 5gpi

No peep no loop no silencers etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you kill deer with your bow or just target shoot ?

Agree. 28” and 50lb, then add in the peep, mouth anchor thingy, lighted nocks and it slows way down

8 minutes ago, johnplav said:

897435c55bb2a8479044e31e3e7b5faf.jpgWhat is additional string weight? Loop, peep? does a drop away rest string take away speed?

Correct, I always put 15 grains in there. A drop away would factor in as its attached to the down cable typically. Any weight anywhere on the "system"

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Correct, I always put 15 grains in there. A drop away would factor in as its attached to the down cable typically. Any weight anywhere on the "system"

4 hours ago, johnplav said:

897435c55bb2a8479044e31e3e7b5faf.jpgWhat is additional string weight? Loop, peep? does a drop away rest string take away speed?

I would add 25.  Or I always do anyway.  Peep and loop are both about 12 each I believe.

Edited by Robhuntandfish