Air drop rabies vaccines

wooly

Took a little walk down to the crick this morning and found this odd little package.

Apparently they just started dropping these on Monday!

Now I'm not sure if I have rabies from touching it..., or if I'm immune to rabies for the next year.... or if I had rabies all along and now I'm cured,lol :crazy:

There's an article on the Buffalo News page about these, but my computers not attaching links to this site anymore for some reason. Also a phone number to call if you come in contact with one of these treats,lolDSC_0102.JPG.e80bdc16ddd4795fe96fdc54058c836c.JPGDSC_0098.JPG.ed6ac272794b24851198c752305d1dfe.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, wooly said:

Took a little walk down to the crick this morning and found this odd little package.

Now I'm not sure if I have rabies from touching it..., or if I'm immune to rabies for the next year.... or if I had rabies all along and now I'm cured,lol :crazy:

There's an article on the Buffalo News page about these, but my computers not attaching links to this site anymore for some reason. Also a phone number to call if you come in contact with one of these treats,lolDSC_0102.JPG.e80bdc16ddd4795fe96fdc54058c836c.JPGDSC_0098.JPG.ed6ac272794b24851198c752305d1dfe.JPG

I would say wash your hands ASAP and call that number.

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I would say wash your hands ASAP and call that number.

I'm guessing that's just a precautionary measure in case some critter with rabies has already been chewing on the packet. This one didn't look like it had anything nibbling on it yet.

• Like 1

Looks delicious

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

So when I saw the packet and read it I guess my last thought would be lets open it and put it in my bare hand, what could possibly go wrong...........

lol

LOL- I didn't open it, that second pic is just the back side of the package.

Anyhow, I grew up handling all kinds of wild crap and critters that were probably best left untouched! I don't exactly fall for the immediate paranoia that a casual encounter with a POTENTIALLY infected package is gonna kill me!

The writing on those packages is pretty small as well, so I had to pick it up and get it close enough to my face that I could read how dangerous it is!

• Haha 2

Never heard of this being done around here??  Good idea though, as we got our share of rabies locally. Was sitting in the open garage last night, and a big coon came strolling by. Scared the bejeeesies outa both of us as we made eye contact, and it ran the other way. So I guess it was fine.

Are the pouches scented ? How do the animals find them to chew on ? 

Well the little animal named Wooly just stumbled upon it while wandering and picked it up to investigate. I imagine any other wooly critter would do the same only they need to investigate with their teeth and nose...unlike our Wooly(I hope!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1