Hunting Regs not available yet

Rattler

Everyone is last minute. I had to stop into Field and Stream to pick up some slugs becasue one of the mentors coming to our range day on Saturday just told me he didn't have enough. no Winchesters  on the shelves. Loaded with Remington though. I asked and they said stuff will be trickling in. Should be here by mid to late October. lol. I asked if they waited until the last minute to sight their guns in. Sorry but if I hit October I want to be bow hunting, not sitting on the range. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rattler said:

How hard is it to print the regs one month earlier?  NY is really incompetent in every way imaginable.

I called the other day and was told the same thing. Unfortunately with the 1st  being on a Sat. & the holiday weekend coming up I won't be able to get mine until the 3rd IF they are available then.

They don't have to wait for us but we always have to wait for them. Try being late with your taxes.:shout:

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve D said:

They don't have to wait for us but we always have to wait for them. Try being late with your taxes.:shout:

I've learned in life that if I don't do something myself it won't get done.  Depending on government, friends, even wives and kids may disappoint you. 

At least the website has the regs.  I just printed the damned thing out and I'm done with it.  Don't have to waste my time waiting on anyone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve863 said:

At least the website has the regs.  I just printed the damned thing out and I'm done with it.  Don't have to waste my time waiting on anyone

And so the world goes today. One should not have to count on their "phone" or computer for the only source of information. In this case they should have been done and available for anyone purchasing a license. Just another example of poor planning as far as I am concerned.

8 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Everyone is last minute. I had to stop into Field and Stream to pick up some slugs becasue one of the mentors coming to our range day on Saturday just told me he didn't have enough. no Winchesters  on the shelves. Loaded with Remington though. I asked and they said stuff will be trickling in. Should be here by mid to late October. lol. I asked if they waited until the last minute to sight their guns in. Sorry but if I hit October I want to be bow hunting, not sitting on the range. 

I hear you there.  I always try to wrap up the zero-checks, back on the range with all my guns by Labor day weekend, mostly because I do not like to bother the local bow-hunters with the noise.    I have two of them hitting right where I want them to now, and that leaves (3) more to check next weekend.  I do most of my practice shooting off the deck with a bb-gun.   I will probably get out the crossbow in the next few weeks and check that from the deck also.  I don't plan on hunting deer until October 16, when that season opens up in the Northern zone.   

As far as the regs go, they did have a 4 page flyer with the season dates, when I picked up my licence at Walmart, earlier this week.   That is really my only concern.  I am not aware of any rule changes since last season.   If there has been, and I run afoul, I will claim ignorance based on the tardiness of rule book availability.     

Not sure where everyone is looking, but the on-line version of the 2019-20 hunting/trapping regs were available at least a couple weeks ago. Assuming the printed version was also available at that time. As of yesterday (8/23) when I bought my new licenses, the regs were available at town clerks office.

Update.  i went to a local sporting goods store Friday morning to buy some Butler Creek flip open scope caps and a guy walks in with a bundle of hunting regs to put on the shelf.  The owner told the guy "Thanks" and asked why they were so late.  The man said there was an issue with the contractor who printed them.

I took 2 from the store.  When I got home, I found 2 were mailed from the state as well.  So now I have plenty to spread around so I won't have to walk far to check one out.  One stays home, one in the PC bag, one in the car and one for my friend.