Shaking / buck fever..

G-Man

28 minutes ago, G-Man said:

1st I have no place to see 175 yards out anywhere on my place. And I dont believe in would get excited, I shot a bear with bow 3 years ago at 3 yards. And an 11pt at 8 or so yards.. I just dont get an adrenaline rush. Both involved long waits till they presented a shot.  I know it doesnt seem possible but it's an automatic thing to shoot no emotion no shaking no heart racing,  even nephew getting a bear and tracking for him i was excited for him but .. my thought usually are great now I have to gut and get this thing out of the woods.. 

If it was cold and snowy I prolly wouldn't be out hunting , I'm not a fan of cold and snow for hunting nor do I hunt longer than a couple of hours for a sit  at anytime or any weather.. I always  have other things to do..lol

Gosh Greg, at this point it seems like a moot point to even be in the woods.  Might as well sell the guns & bows and raise some beef.

• Like 1

1st I have no place to see 175 yards out anywhere on my place. And I dont believe in would get excited, I shot a bear with bow 3 years ago at 3 yards. And an 11pt at 8 or so yards.. I just dont get an adrenaline rush. Both involved long waits till they presented a shot.  I know it doesnt seem possible but it's an automatic thing to shoot no emotion no shaking no heart racing,  even nephew getting a bear and tracking for him i was excited for him but .. my thought usually are great now I have to gut and get this thing out of the woods.. 
If it was cold and snowy I prolly wouldn't be out hunting , I'm not a fan of cold and snow for hunting nor do I hunt longer than a couple of hours for a sit  at anytime or any weather.. I always  have other things to do..lol

I am kinda in the same boat. I still get a rise when I finally get eyes on a buck I am after..i.e..Hunting' but really I get more of a rise when like someone else said and an animal is coming in from behind and you can't see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Gosh Greg, at this point it seems like a moot point to even be in the woods.  Might as well sell the guns & bows and raise some beef.

If I were stop hunting and fishing I would devote most of my time  to increasing my  pubic hair and belly button lint collection...  My goal is to get enough to stuff a mattress..

Edited by Pygmy

Just now, Pygmy said:

If I were stop hunting and fishing I would devote most of my time  to increasing my  pubic hair and belly button lint collection...

But of course.......

Then Gman would have no meat other than store bought crap. Hence raising beef....

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I've been debating just raising elk,I prefer it over beef. In all honesty

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Elk is excellent and has a distinctive flavor  from the other deer species, including whitetails, mule deer,  caribou and moose..

Of all of those, fat caribou taken before the rut is my favorite...But  if I had to choose ONE meat....BEEF  !!…..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, G-Man said:

That's too bad.  To loose the love of hunting would be a difficult thing for me.  I'm certainly not "driven" like I was 10-20 or thirty years ago but I enjoy my bow and gun hunting quite a bit.  The rut for bow is the top of the heap but then when gun opens I love being able to use a centerfire rifle that I've hand loaded all the ammo for.  I just enjoy the accuracy and nimbleness of my rifles.  I'd happily take a 6pt with a rifle than a 10pt with a slug gun; UGGH.

Then the late season rolls around; usually snow and colder temps make things more difficult and that's always a good time, in my opinion of course.

All these things equate to deer that need to be processed.  Something I enjoy at my pace, I don't want two or three hanging at the same time.  Give me one, let me get it taken care of then GTFOMW, I'm back at it.  :)

• Like 5

I throw those for fun, started at flint knappers convention at letchworth many years ago, I would think it would.fall under spear but who knows this state may classify it a rifle cause you can throw it so far
I'd love to get one and learn how to use it. And definitely would love to learn how to Flint knap. I took 2 semesters of archeology because my professor at Stony Brook was the preeminent expert on stone tool making in the world. If I had stayed there before transferring sophomore year I'd have taken his Flint knapping class

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah thanks...STILL WAITING!!!! I have been in regular contact with the taxi who assured me progress is being made and I trust him. At this point, why rush him? But this blank space is a constant reminder that he ain’t back yet!

2956f4c4c5129785d849ac6a7c94e0e0.jpg&key=c9f3eab98ca6e00379bffbfc8e8b0d438f58b51ced6cb73cc7625a2f3b3327df

It looks so naked

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, crappyice said:

Yeah thanks...STILL WAITING!!!! I have been in regular contact with the taxi who assured me progress is being made and I trust him. At this point, why rush him? But this blank space is a constant reminder that he ain’t back yet!

2956f4c4c5129785d849ac6a7c94e0e0.jpg

All done

20190824_230704.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

That's too bad.  To loose the love of hunting would be a difficult thing for me.  I'm certainly not "driven" like I was 10-20 or thirty years ago but I enjoy my bow and gun hunting quite a bit.  The rut for bow is the top of the heap but then when gun opens I love being able to use a centerfire rifle that I've hand loaded all the ammo for.  I just enjoy the accuracy and nimbleness of my rifles.  I'd happily take a 6pt with a rifle than a 10pt with a slug gun; UGGH.

Then the late season rolls around; usually snow and colder temps make things more difficult and that's always a good time, in my opinion of course.

All these things equate to deer that need to be processed.  Something I enjoy at my pace, I don't want two or three hanging at the same time.  Give me one, let me get it taken care of then GTFOMW, I'm back at it.  :)

X 2!!   My thoughts exactly.  Couldn't have said it any better than that.

8 hours ago, Pygmy said:

If I were stop hunting and fishing I would devote most of my time  to increasing my  pubic hair and belly button lint collection...  My goal is to get enough to stuff a mattress..

Twin or king size ? It makes s difference ..