Ideas for gazebo enclosure/winterization?

Al Bundy

I’m thinking somewhat about enclosing my gazebo. It’s not quite gazebo, but a 13x13 concrete floor with some basic screened wall of sorts. it does have a shingled roof. I like sitting out here and think it would be nice in the winter. I’m trying to figure the best way to do this without having someone frame and put in windows. Also how best to heat . Then figure if the cost is worth it.  The design/materials and how to are not my strong skills. Any suggestions?

805D0496-4F9E-4087-877D-DF4331E649AD.jpeg

9AB77741-1797-4841-8BFF-2A6374CCA047.jpeg

Edited by Al Bundy

If you want to turn it into a "super shelter" (google "Mors Kochanski super shelter"), enclose it completely in 6 mil plastic, get a "zip-wall door, put reflective mylar (emergency blanket) on the ceiling, and a small electric heater inside. Put an indoor/outdoor carpet on the concrete. That setup would keep you warm. It won't look too pretty, though.

Thanks for the ideas.  The walls/screens need to be redone. The wood is starting to rot a little, the screens are starting to rip. I am reaching the point of needing a rebuild hence need for ideas. The 6mil plastic looks like it would work well.  I am also thinking used pellet stove.  Not really into the hot tub for some reason.