Jeep wangler/ Rubicon how do they drive ?

Hunter007

32 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

Seriously. Man would my wife smack you into place!  LOL!  At 52 years old, and all of 102 lbs, when she isn't whipping her dirt bike off of jumps she's getting her jeep muddy.

Haters gonna hate. I'll say it again. It's a JEEP thing, you wouldn't understand.

I'm 6'5, 270. It's a bit tight for me if I'm wearing bulky winter clothing, but once those doors are off who cares!   I love that my wife loves them, but I wouldn't be able to do without the room and bed of a truck personally.  At this stage of my life anyway.

6'5" would be tight.  I don't have a ton of headroom (maybe 3" or so) at 6'1" unless top is off.  lol

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Doors off? Roof off?  i have a sun roof on my car  I think I open it maybe once in 10 years .

Just Not my thing 

In that case, I would agree that a wrangler doesn't make much sense.  And I never opened sunroofs either.  But the open air experience of a jeep is a cross between a motorcycle and convertible.  Scratches both of those itches for me.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

In that case, I would agree that a wrangler doesn't make much sense.  And I never opened sunroofs either.  But the open air experience of a jeep is a cross between a motorcycle and convertible.  Scratches both of those itches for me.

Yea I didn't realize all them are like that actually. 

I thought maybe they had models like a regular suv . But they don't  

37 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

...the open air experience of a jeep is a cross between a motorcycle and convertible.  Scratches both of those itches for me.

THIS EXACTLY!   It's funny, we do the same "rides" we used to on the bikes in the Wrangler with the top and doors off. We have more fun in the jeep lately than we ever did on the Harleys. Maybe getting older has something to do with that, but I'll take it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

THIS EXACTLY!   It's funny, we do the same "rides" we used to on the bikes in the Wrangler with the top and doors off. We have more fun in the jeep lately than we ever did on the Harleys. Maybe getting older has something to do with that, but I'll take it!

Safer, normal conversation, more room.  I drive it topless to places/events I wouldn’t consider on a bike.    Bike plus plus.   And still very good in winter.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter007 said:

Well doesn't the grand Cherokee have great snow off road capability as well granted not as much as the wangler but better then most SUVs  on the market today , most are just glorified station wagons  from what a read .

Edited by FatBoyD
being a dick!

Just now, moog5050 said:

Safer, normal conversation, more room.  I drive it topless to places/events I wouldn’t consider on a bike.    Bike plus plus.   And still very good in winter.   

Couldn't agree more.  I'm thinking about getting another one for ME and an enclosed trailer to pull the ATV and other hunting gear for two months a year, when it's time to replace my truck.

3 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

So you are talking smack to Jeep enthusiasts about something we love and you know nothing about any of it...

If I new all about them I wouldn't have started this thread ?

That  kinda  was the point of all of this . 

Now I know .

3 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

Couldn't agree more.  I'm thinking about getting another one for ME and an enclosed trailer to pull the ATV and other hunting gear for two months a year, when it's time to replace my truck.

I just drove home for lunch and was paying attention to roominess.   I probably did get used to the space as I lean a bit to the right with elbow on center box and left arm on window ledge.  But it works fine for me.  Not uncomfortable but not as roomy as the raptor.  

• Like 2

I think when you're a big guy you tend to do the "lean" no matter what ya drive.

I'm getting away from this desk for a few minutes right now, I clearly don' have enough work to keep me busy.

I'm going to see if I can order the new Colt King Cobra Target for my wife.

King_Cobra_Target_Left-web_res-1086x610.1566316453.jpg

14 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

Enclosed trailer would be nice so not to worry about the ATV while in the stand.  I might add that to list of wants.  Lol

• Like 1

My JL Sahara gets about same gas mileage as my pathfinder. It is loud though. 

A few weeks ago I looked at the Jeep Pickup. That might be the next purchase.  Ford is working on the Bronco to compete with Jeep. It should be out somewhat soon. Also rumors there will be a bronco type pick up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatBoyD said:

I think when you're a big guy you tend to do the "lean" no matter what ya drive.

I'm getting away from this desk for a few minutes right now, I clearly don' have enough work to keep me busy.

I'm going to see if I can order the new Colt King Cobra Target for my wife.

King_Cobra_Target_Left-web_res-1086x610.1566316453.jpg

In my f150 no leaning for me very roomy, I feel like I’m driving my recliner. And having said that , if you buy the colt.   Photos or it didn’t happen ..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

My JL Sahara gets about same gas mileage as my pathfinder. It is loud though. 

A few weeks ago I looked at the Jeep Pickup. That might be the next purchase.  Ford is working on the Bronco to compete with Jeep. It should be out somewhat soon. Also rumors there will be a bronco type pick up. 

Think more like the ranchero

2 minutes ago, rob-c said:

In my f150 no leaning for me very roomy, I feel like I’m driving my recliner. And having said that , if you buy the colt.   Photos or it didn’t happen ..

HAHA! Yep, my wife says the same thing when we're in the truck. "this is like sitting on the couch"  You gotta love a full size truck for comfort. The term "rides like a truck" does not have the same meaning that it used to.

The Colt has only been out for a week or two. I ordered it, won't even find out exactly how much it is until they locate one. Also ordered a Sig P225 A1. Should have stayed at my desk...

• Like 2

Years ago my buddy had a Jeep CJ7 with a straight six engine, 4 speed and manually locking front hubs.  Now there was a true off road vehicle that would go anywhere.  When you locked the hubs and put it in gear, you knew all 4 wheels were turning at the same rate no matter what they were rolling on.  That thing would go anywhere.  It was also lacking any of the luxury bells and whistles you cannot avoid in today's Jeeps which add a lot to the price, yet offer nothing for the hunter.  It didn't even have A/C.  It cost no more than the average car back then too.  The only drawback to the CJ7 was lack of room.  It could only take 2 hunters and their gear unless you strapped all the gear on the roof.

We drove so many mountain logging roads in that thing, in all sorts of weather, without fear.  Never got stuck.  Never saw any need for a winch either.  Wish they still made them like that for a fair price.

23 hours ago, Rattler said:

Years ago my buddy had a Jeep CJ7 with a straight six engine, 4 speed and manually locking front hubs.  Now there was a true off road vehicle that would go anywhere.  When you locked the hubs and put it in gear, you knew all 4 wheels were turning at the same rate no matter what they were rolling on.  That thing would go anywhere.  It was also lacking any of the luxury bells and whistles you cannot avoid in today's Jeeps which add a lot to the price, yet offer nothing for the hunter.  It didn't even have A/C.  It cost no more than the average car back then too.  The only drawback to the CJ7 was lack of room.  It could only take 2 hunters and their gear unless you strapped all the gear on the roof.

We drove so many mountain logging roads in that thing, in all sorts of weather, without fear.  Never got stuck.  Never saw any need for a winch either.  Wish they still made them like that for a fair price.

Yea so true in that lot everyone was almost fully loaded  I noticed 

All over 40k 

You  basically have to special order the stripped down ones that go for much less they don't stock them .

It's all the extras  the dealership makes there money on  I guess .  

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 1

So where's the pics of this new Jeep? You cannot be officially a member of the 'crew' without pics.

Just came across this thread. I'm selling a '98 Grand Cherokee Laredo, I could have made you a good deal. That was back in the days when a Jeep was still a Jeep!

I'm asking $3000, but for you Stormy- I would have gone as low as $5000, and thrown in a map of the Adirondacks. :taunt: