Archery season is 35 days away where are you taking your deer to be processed

Hitching post meats

Hello NY hunting friends. Archery season is just around the corner. Hopefully everyone has there broad heads hitting the mark and have there buck picked out. We are ready to process your deer starting Oct 1st. We are also taking part in the venison donation program this year. This is a great opportunity for both the processor and hunter to provide to those less fortunate.  Good luck to all of you and looking forward to seeing some familiar faces again this hunting season!

Edited by Hitching post meats
  • Like 1

OK rob thanks. I only take on what I can handle. I'm sure if you looked at some replies from  customers I really do care about what you get back. I was tought by my father and he was not easy to please. But that made me appreciate a good product. If you get backed up or change your mind Iet me know I'd like a chance to change your mind on deer processing. 

I take mine to Mike's.  Down here in Chemung county. He can be a bit of an ass but he is really fussy on how he processes  venison. He tends to drink a little when he is cutting and likes to fry up the tenderloin  to snack on .Tends to be slow on his snack sticks and sausage . Still waiting for summer sausage from last fall. His wife  tends to push him along . 

6 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I take mine to Mike's.  Down here in Chemung county. He can be a bit of an ass but he is really fussy on how he processes  venison. He tends to drink a little when he is cutting and likes to fry up the tenderloin  to snack on .Tends to be slow on his snack sticks and sausage . Still waiting for summer sausage from last fall. His wife  tends to push him along . 

10 months wait for venison sausage?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Your summer sausage will soon be winter sausage     Drinking and eating your tenderloin    Wife pushes him along ?   Cmon  , time to go somewhere else

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Lol  I would but it's cheap  and wife says he does a good job ....  I think she has a thing for him .:rolleyes:

10 months though? what's the point? is your wife banging this dude and you're paying for them to go on dates? sorry, but had to ask.

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

10 months though? what's the point? is your wife banging this dude and you're paying for them to go on dates? sorry, but had to ask.

That's f####d Biz.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

Lol it's all good .... I do my own butchering guys . Haven't done the summer sausage do to time and space. Meat is frozen in MIL freezer . When it cools down I will make up some pepper garlic summer sausage. .I ran out of room do to the russian boar  I shot last year and  1/ 4 beef  3 deer

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Now that I have a meat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid I will definitely be needing some delicious sausage recipes! Hopefully I can slay some deer to make said delicious sausages

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a Kitchen Aid, I'm curious to see how that works out for you. This year I'm finally pulling the trigger on a cube steak maker thingamajig. Anybody have one they recommend?

• Like 1

I have a Kitchen Aid, I'm curious to see how that works out for you. This year I'm finally pulling the trigger on a cube steak maker thingamajig. Anybody have one they recommend?

I threw my kitchaide grinder in the garbage! Plastic parts didn’t do the job for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Now that I have a meat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid I will definitely be needing some delicious sausage recipes! Hopefully I can slay some deer to make said delicious sausages

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Here’s the site that helped me finally get the ratios and process right....flavor? Still a work In progress but their is a good place to start
https://www.mossyoak.com/our-obsession/blogs/recipes/diy-venison-sausage-recipes-equipment-and-more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, ATbuckhunter said:

Right to my kitchen. I butcher all my deer myself 

Since day 1, I have butchered my own.  It was nice to have a buddy whose family owned a meat market teach me on that first deer.  I will admit, there are times I would like to just drop it off to a processor but I also like knowing exactly how my deer was processed.

• Like 1