How old would you say?

fadetoblack188

I'm probably the worst on this forum for guessing age from a picture. I do much better on live deer. But with the pot belly and good size antler bases, my guess is at least a three year old buck. And a very nice one at that. Once he starts to bulk up his neck muscles, and prepares for the rut, he will fill out more.

If he's on land you can hunt, good luck with him! He's a trophy buck!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'm probably the worst on this forum for guessing age from a picture. I do much better on live deer. But with the pot belly and good size antler bases, my guess is at least a three year old buck. And a very nice one at that. Once he starts to bulk up his neck muscles, and prepares for the rut, he will fill out more.

If he's on land you can hunt, good luck with him! He's a trophy buck!

I agree with grampy. Based on where the neck is meeting the brisket, its looking like a 3 year old

Velvet photos are hard to age as half the mass you is false, see 1/4 inch is velvet fuzz on each side . If your looking just at horns. Bodys are not yet pre rut so again. By region or.local area can be older or younger in appearance. Deer In Texas have tiny bodys to begin with makes the racks look huge.. 

5 hours ago, fadetoblack188 said:

So I see some guys saying they wouldn’t let him walk.. hm has me thinking now. K guess it’s one of those I’ll decide in the moment and see how he looks in another year

this guys on it to but he looks like a smaller 8

934F4C63-7474-405F-AF29-B830A07C68AB.jpeg

He is a nice buck . If you think he will get by the neighbors ... and you can stand letting him pass it would be interesting to see what he looks like at 3 or 4. If  you want him ... whack his assk. I have shot smaller ... I have shot  bigger.  Nice fat doe tastes better .  See what's on the camera  for the season.