Rain Gear Recommendations

Cabin Fever

Looking into buying some decent rain gear. What I have is suppose to be "breathable", but it feels like I'm wearing a garbage bag and I sweat like a pig! I want rain gear that is lightweight, but doesn't rip easily. It doesn't need to be insulated, as I would wear it over my insulated layers anyways. I was looking into Frogg Toggs, but according to the reviews, it rips pretty easily. Suggestions welcome!

I second Cabela's I've got a set from 2011 that I still use. Cabela's makes great stuff. Not like wearing a garbage bag. Excellent bang for the buck with them. I can only imagine they've gotten even better since I've bought mine. They may even be from 07 when I took my motorcycle license class. Think I decided to get hunting rain gear same time and used em for hunting and just incase we had a wet day at the class

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I also have a set of Cabelas name brand camo rain gear. I have been using it for about 8 years, quite frequently. It is very quiet, so I frequently wear it even if not raining, and layer appropriately. Just remember even with breathable stuff, it is very important not to wear cotton, and wear synthetic wicking base layer or wool and insulation layers for optimal effectiveness. 

I really hope that with Bass Pro taking over Cabelas, they don't start degrading the quality of their gear. A lot of Bass Pro stuff is inferior in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I second Cabela's I've got a set from 2011 that I still use. Cabela's makes great stuff. Not like wearing a garbage bag. Excellent bang for the buck with them. I can only imagine they've gotten even better since I've bought mine. They may even be from 07 when I took my motorcycle license class. Think I decided to get hunting rain gear same time and used em for hunting and just incase we had a wet day at the class

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wear Cabelas Revolution Fleece in Vertigo, fantastic suit. Weatherproof and tough as nails. Early on I wear a different rain suit with more green in it. I don't wear anything that isn't weatherproof as it rains darned near every day of bow or I get drenched from dew walking in
  • Like 1