Centerpoint 370 which bolts and broad heads?

Bionic

I shoot a 20" Carbon Express Piledriver..  I'm not sure what it weighs or what the spine is, but it was rated for the 185lb draw weight of my Sniper 370.  I shot a 100 grain Jakhammer mechanical broadhead last year, mostly because I already had some.  I don't think that broadhead weight is a huge factor.  I would lean toward a heavier/more rugged head for use with a crossbow.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most crossbows prefer a heavier foc weight a 350 grain shaft with a 100 grain insert and a 100 grain head  would work well.  Main thing is to get bolts that are spines correctly for the draw weight of your x bow, I think the 370 is 180 or so draw weight. A lighted neck is a very good idea as they are faster than a bow and it makes it easier to find the bolt.  There are many manufactures  that make bolts all are pretty respectable.  So. Brand name is up to you same as broad head just make sure it is rated for crossbow ..as many compound heads use less resistance to open at lower speeds and just the initial release of bolt may cause them to. Open,  I have used both rage x bow or nap crossbow mechanical heads. I have settled on the rage partly because I'm cheap and I can. Usually find them in clearance after the season for 25 a 3pak vs the 49 normal.price.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Victory decimators when they go on sale $40 a dozen. 

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/victory-archery-decimator-crossbow-bolts-6-pack-15varudcmtr20blthabwx/15varudcmtr20blthabwx

Like Now ^_^

Just picked up a dozen arrows for same price. Cut and inserts glued FOC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

Thank you for all you input everyone!

confused still on what grain, etc for the bolts/heads...

With the Carbon Express Piledrivers and a 100 grain head, it will be around 400 total grains. That shoots very well from both my crossbows. The doe I shot with this set up, died within seconds of being shot. And the bolt was buried halfway in the ground, after passing through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The included bolts arent very good IMO.  I went with the Carbon Express Piledrivers, and they hit like a freight train.  I am using 4 blade fixed Slick Trick Magnums for broadheads.  I keep one of the included bolts in the quiver for the discharge bag.

Edited by loworange88
  • Like 2

I do 100 gr on my 370 because same weight I use on my compound. It groups very nicely with this. 

If you do put the nikon bolt scope--which is a great scope at this price--realize that the scope is built for slower xbows because it's an older scope (330 FPS). Its 20 and 30 yard lines work out great but I seem to recall its 40 yard line is more like 45 ish or so for this particular xbow. I always verify each year before xbow season starts.

I also recommend determining the proper stock adjustment on this and then snugly taping it in place. I once spooked a deer because of the clicking sound of the stock (it has a tiny bit of play).

Edited by Core

Read through this topic dude :

I bought 2 last year, 1 for me and 1 for my dad.  A few tips in there, like taking down the straps and butt stock.

I bought these, threw rage 2 blades on em:

Black Eagle Executioner Crossbow Fletched Arrows - .001" 6 Pack - 20" - 2" Bohning Blazer Vane https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725L66YK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_s7zEDbWTJGB9H

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2019 at 8:13 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

hey was wondering what your FOC is on your bolts i had the same setup and it was round 30% which it terrible i was getting inconsistent shots ..should be near 11-18 i had to change the inserts to 60 grain 

I’m an Excalibur guy too. My vortex is super old, but i love it. Easy to change string every few years. I use the excal bolts and 150gr boltcutters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk