Skunking

Robhuntandfish

My poor buddy got skunked this morn. Heard him growl after I let him out and I opened the door and he jumps up on the deck and the skunk comes right behind him chasing him.  Got him in and closed the door quick.   Two baths in and he is penned into the hunting/fishing room in the back for now.

I have a manager meeting this morn and guess who else smells like skunk....yeah prob not gonna make it today.  

Oh and that skunk just sealed his fate!  Spray my buddy will ya.....

IMG_20190904_054731664.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Equal parts Scope mouthwash and water. Rinse and repeat. He’ll smell like a dentists office and good to go. Didn’t get bit by skunk I hope !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was worried about most.  I looked him all over and couldn't find any bite.  

I will use the scope.  Good idea thanks.  Just bathed him twice in Dawn.  

• Like 1

That sucks, many years ago we let our blue tick beagle mix out on a run. She barks later to come in and my son lets her in and she runs straight up the stairs to our bed. 

The skunk smell hits us instantly ,  I go up to get her and half her head is yellow. Out to the garage we go,. Two cans of tomato sauce later it was a little better but she was still skunky  and we had a orange dog . Called the vet he said google this mix . Its baking soda,  peroxide and dawn dish soap.It worked great, good luck . We ended up throwing out the sheets. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I want to see a hat by the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol....no hat.  That SOB is taking a dirt nap.  If I didn't have to go to work today I would prob pull my shed up to get him. Ive seen a hole under there and am thinking that's where he might be living.  For now....

I've got a plan. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Lol....no hat.  That SOB is taking a dirt nap.  If I didn't have to go to work today I would prob pull my shed up to get him. Ive seen a hole under there and am thinking that's where he might be living.  For now....

I've got a plan. 

Careful where you whack him. Skunks release all of their scent when they die.

• Like 2

Pint of Hydrogen peroxide and a 1/4 cup of baking soda. mix well. add in 2 table spoons of Dawn dish washing liquid and remix. lather the dog with entire solution but be careful not to get into the eyes. work into a complete foam and keep scrubbing. rinse well with warm water. 

This was given to me by a trapper who washes the actual skunks he catches and he swears it totally removes the smell from them and his dogs. 

EDIT--late to the party. I see someone already posted the recipe. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, rachunter said:

poor little guy how's he making out?

He's doing ok. Just made eggs for dinner so he's happy.  House still smells like skunk cause it happened right out the back door.

Master plan might have to wait now, neighbors behind me have an open lot and right now have guests out there with a camper and boat etc.  

But Pepes got it coming soon. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Bugspray locked on under the shed....and 10 pumps on the pellet gun.  We got this. 

Need a videographer if your available

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

need a lighter for that bugspray for flamethrower mode no ?!    3 pump rule on Crossman not in effect?

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Confused 1