blackbeltbill

Woodcock Hunting..

33 minutes ago, The Jerkmann said:

Coming up soon!! I have a number of tried and true Timberdoodles areas in Sterling Forest. ABBEY IS SET!

Will Cynthia be joining you?

• Like 2

Nice to see that most of those gents are doing it right....Using short, light, small gauge shotguns with 2 barrels....<< GRIN>>...

My favorite is my Ithaca SKB M100  20 gauge with 25" bbls choked IC/mod...

CYL/IC would be better,   but it is hard to find shotguns of that choke combo, unless you go to extremely high priced custom guns...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Nice to see that most of those gents are doing it right....Using short, light, small gauge shotguns with 2 barrels....<< GRIN>>...

My favorite is my Ithaca SKB M100  20 gauge with 25" bbls choked IC/mod...

CYL/IC would be better,   but it is hard to find shotguns of that choke combo, unless you go to extremely high priced custom guns...

I also had a Ithaca skb- model 100 20 Gauge with a nice Thumb Safety on top. I gave it to my late Girlfriend about 4 years back. I took alot of Pheasants and Woodys with it. 

• Like 1

Sorry  for your loss Bill..Both the girl and the gun...No joking intended.., 

I bought my M100 for $200 used but like new in 1975 with money I got from fox pelts, as I was doing a lot of fox calling back then...Shot my first spring gobbler with it in May of 1975....Since then it has been my primary bird/rabbit gun and has accounted for lots of woodcock, grouse, pheasants, hares, rabbits, crows and a fair amount of ducks, plus a few geese... It has had  many rounds through it and is just as sound today as it was when I bought it in 1975.. Wonderful little shotgun...

14 hours ago, 16. ga hunter said:

My preferred woodcock gun is a 26” barreled cz 28ga nice and light to carry all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first double gun was a cheap, Spanish made  28 gauge...It was choked a little tight for an upland gun, with 27"bbls choked Mod and full, but I killed a lot of game with it, upland birds ( including pheasants) rabbits, squirrels and crows..

Evidently the firing pins were not properly hardened since after a couple of thousand rounds they peened out and started sticking in the breech... This caused the cocking springs to break when you opened the gun...Still, since it cost me only $100 new, it didn't owe me anything....

Enjoy your CZ...They are a quality gun at a reasonable price....Unlike my Spanish cheapy, that gun should last you a lifetime...

Edited by Pygmy

20 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Will Cynthia be joining you?

Maybe if I can get time off . I took my 2 weeks for deer season . Not sure they will give me more .lolo

• Like 1