Remodeling my taxidermy shop...

WNY Bowhunter

1 minute ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I'm in the process of doing a little remodeling to my taxidermy shop/man cave and am realizing that I may have a problem...too many antlers laying around getting in my way! ;)

20190905_144521.thumb.jpg.4c73da63f3aa4c4ac997791126e7328d.jpg

What about having a Chandelier made?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 4

Or a Christmas tree, I like those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I need to find sheds. I haven't found a single shed. I am quite possibly the worst shed finder in the world. Also probably not a terribly awesome hunter either but that's ok. I just don't know how to scout effectively. But definitely should make something out of those sick antlers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

While mine certainly didn’t stack up,to those, I gave most of mine away . Guys used them to make  drawer pulls at their camps , knife handles , one guy added them to a wire he hangs them off at his camp .

Just to,much clutter, that my kids will toss out when I die . I’d get a dumpster if the Mrs would let me and toss most of the ,” stuff “ around here .

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

While mine certainly didn’t stack up,to those, I gave most of mine away . Guys used them to make  drawer pulls at their camps , knife handles , one guy added them to a wire he hangs them off at his camp .

Just to,much clutter, that my kids will toss out when I die . I’d get a dumpster if the Mrs would let me and toss most of the ,” stuff “ around here .

Wouldn't dream of even throwing one little chewed up spike out...that pile of bone represents hundreds of hours and miles of walking. This ain't Iowa!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I need to find sheds. I haven't found a single shed. I am quite possibly the worst shed finder in the world. Also probably not a terribly awesome hunter either but that's ok. I just don't know how to scout effectively. But definitely should make something out of those sick antlers

Im in the same club. Never found a shed, just some dead heads

• Like 1

Find out what they do to sell them for dogs , someone is making a fortune off selling pieces of antler for dogs to chew on.
They maybe wash them is all. And then sell them for like 5 bucks a pound. That is for elk antler though

assuming most represent history with certain bucks. get an old wood plank, trim out picture frame from old wood with finish nails and glue. glass and trail cam photo from that year side in from side. leather strips short but tied off to each shed. old square nails to hang them with photo in the middle.  offset photo if only one side was found. move down the board with previous years sheds. lean the board against the wall under the mount. you can take the sheds off any time to BS with a friend.

other idea that's more up your alley is make a mount with square pin sleeves. drill out shed bases and mount small square pins putty epoxy them into place to get angles right. now you can take sheds from multiple years and slide them onto the mount to see what the deer looked like year to year within reason.

24 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

assuming most represent history with certain bucks. get an old wood plank, trim out picture frame from old wood with finish nails and glue. glass and trail cam photo from that year side in from side. leather strips short but tied off to each shed. old square nails to hang them with photo in the middle.  offset photo if only one side was found. move down the board with previous years sheds. lean the board against the wall under the mount. you can take the sheds off any time to BS with a friend.

other idea that's more up your alley is make a mount with square pin sleeves. drill out shed bases and mount small square pins putty epoxy them into place to get angles right. now you can take sheds from multiple years and slide them onto the mount to see what the deer looked like year to year within reason.

I do have history with many of these deer but not that much...lol. I have three years worth of sheds off a couple. Many come from properties that I only have permission to shed hunt. 

On 9/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, WNY Bowhunter said:

Wouldn't dream of even throwing one little chewed up spike out...that pile of bone represents hundreds of hours and miles of walking. This ain't Iowa!!!

The thing is your kids will just toss it , I get it I liked to save all this stuff myself, till I had to,clean out my parents house . Then I realized it was just a burden to the next generation .

Be like the sand Mandela’s .