Browning bt99

BigVal

Congratulations! Years ago I shot a little Trap and one of the guys I shot with used a BT 99, they are very well made and finished nicely and for someone getting into the Trap game the Browning will break birds with any. I picked up a used 101 Winchester Trap model to shoot with and the thing I quickly found about Trap guns is that is about all they are good for, as field gun they are just too long, heavy and cumbersome to carry along with being made to shoot high.

If you are considering getting into Trap shooting you have a very good piece of equipment to compete with. If not I would send it down the road for something that will get some use, that is what happened with my Win 101. With some smart horse trading you should be able to wheel and deal to get yourself something pretty nice as the BT 99 is not a cheap gun. Feel out some of the gun clubs in your area and let them know what you have, there is always someone looking to upgrade.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, airedale said:

Congratulations! Years ago I shot a little Trap and one of the guys I shot with used a BT 99, they are very well made and finished nicely and for someone getting into the Trap game the Browning will break birds with any. I picked up a used 101 Winchester Trap model to shoot with and the thing I quickly found about Trap guns is that is about all they are good for, as field gun they are just too long, heavy and cumbersome to carry along with being made to shoot high.

If you are considering getting into Trap shooting you have a very good piece of equipment to compete with. If not I would send it down the road for something that will get some use, that is what happened with my Win 101. With some smart horse trading you should be able to wheel and deal to get yourself something pretty nice as the BT 99 is not a cheap gun. Feel out some of the gun clubs in your area and let them know what you have, there is always someone looking to upgrade.

Al

Thanks! Happy with the win, definitely a chance I'll be moving it along for something I'll use more, we'll see it's nice to have a browning in the safe that didnt cost anything for sure. 

• Like 1