Maine 2019

Bionic

43 minutes ago, Bionic said:

A short but scenic moosey type area we took a ride through today.  Cold day, but fun, and really gives you an idea of how fast winter must come here.  A short few hundred feet up a 55mph hard road, and we were on the trails that head back to where we spent our prior week.   20-25 mins by car at 50ish mph.  Trails were VERY wet, bog like, and full of alpine type pines that I absolutely love.  Makes you feel as of you are soooo far from home! I cannot describe the feeling...anyways, we got out feet wet literally in the trail world today! Nothing crazy, but in water up over the floor boards, and we were about 8 miles back in the middle of no where of the hard road that travels through the middle of no where.  Awesome feeling.  Took a lot of pics in which I feel were amazing, and happy to share them.

notice all the fall colors appearing fast, and for those following my Instagram I have a few neat videos I am adding, as well as a few sunset time lapses.

B75AA823-13AB-4F30-AD8E-7C153B73B440.jpeg

Nice Spruce Grouse!! 

I have yet to encounter one up there, they are more prevalent up near Baxter. 

Flooded roads can be a pain in the arse when it gets too deep to cross. It caused me to back track 60 miles once lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Nice Spruce Grouse!! 

I have yet to encounter one up there, they are more prevalent up near Baxter. 

Flooded roads can be a pain in the arse when it gets too deep to cross. It caused me to back track 60 miles once lol. 

Grouse are A-hole chickens lol

i had no idea why he was black, only ever saw the ruffed brown/tan kind

Edited by Bionic
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

Looks like moose river prior to Brassua Lake

Yea, moose river where it turns into Moosehead Lake. 

We stayed on Brassua once, our first trip up. Then we stayed at a cabin on the end on Maynard road next to what shows up as an air field though it’s really just a open field.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bionic said:

We are going to try and get up at 3:30-4am to look for moose on roads since it’s going to be a realfeel of 37 tonight! Frost advisory just issued...should get some bulls off their feet! GoPro is ready keep fingers crossed.  Tomorrow we hope to take a lengthy rip through more no mans land.  This 360 is impressing me too as far as power goes.  Been plenty.  Can’t imagine an X3 Turbo R

I was impressed with our 400 /450 kodiaks, heck I pulled a  2wd Tahoe out of a ditch with my 400 easily . But now that we have the 700s it’s no comparison. When my wife sits on hers and start’s it , she still smiles and says I love my new wheeler. 

Those can ams  are no slouch, don’t forget when you get it, pictures or it didn’t happen. Fingers crossed for a moose picture . Glad you two are having a good time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Yea, moose river where it turns into Moosehead Lake. 

We stayed on Brassua once, our first trip up. Then we stayed at a cabin on the end on Maynard road next to what shows up as an air field though it’s really just a open field.  

VERY familiar with that area.  In fact we are headed through there towards Samdwhich, and Jackman to hopefully see a Bull in the early morning! Took my quad all over there last year.  A custard yellow float plane docks right in that area by Maynards.

3 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I was impressed with our 400 /450 kodiaks, heck I pulled a  2wd Tahoe out of a ditch with my 400 easily . But now that we have the 700s it’s no comparison. When my wife sits on hers and start’s it , she still smiles and says I love my new wheeler. 

Those can ams  are no slouch, don’t forget when you get it, pictures or it didn’t happen. Fingers crossed for a moose picture . Glad you two are having a good time. 

Awesome! Cant imagine how strong the bigger quads are.  Must be so much fun by the sounds of it! Looking to get an X3 turbo R, or Maverick sport 1000R xrc, thanks!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

We’ve seen a few moose by taking a left on the Golden Road and going up along the river early. 

We saw two young bulls to the right on the GR once too. 

My favorite was the one we jumped while bird hunting. Those suckers take off like a rocket. 

Definitely the place to go is along the side roads of the Golden! These past 5-6 yrs its been difficult to see moose.  Last year only one, this year 3, I had one trip i saw 18 in a week.  I used to drive route 15 at 4am to Rockwood and back a few times each morning, and ALWAYS see moose each time, it was unreal...now it’s completely opposite.  

Edited by Bionic

That island you see, there is a full time residence on it, some view they must have on that right side.  I have only fished the streams up here one trip, took my dad here for a fly fishing trip one year for Father’s Day.  I gave him a Maine fishing license on fathers day, but we went up mid August I think it was.  All kinds of fish in this lake, its 40 miles x 20 miles and in a shape with lots of coves.  Max depth 246’ mean depth 55’ and the perimeter is 280 miles.

D2A8215B-400A-4228-A3D6-449AEB741CE7.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Bionic said:

That island you see, there is a full time residence on it, some view they must have on that right side.  I have only fished the streams up here one trip, took my dad here for a fly fishing trip one year for Father’s Day.  I gave him a Maine fishing license on fathers day, but we went up mid August I think it was.  All kinds of fish in this lake, its 40 miles x 20 miles and in a shape with lots of coves.  Max depth 246’ mean depth 55’ and the perimeter is 280 miles.

D2A8215B-400A-4228-A3D6-449AEB741CE7.jpeg

I fished all ditches along the dirt roads in there, they look muddy and stagnant like there couldnt possibly be anything in them yet they are loaded with brookies

• Like 1