Maine 2019

Bionic

56 minutes ago, Bionic said:

That island you see, there is a full time residence on it, some view they must have on that right side.  I have only fished the streams up here one trip, took my dad here for a fly fishing trip one year for Father’s Day.  I gave him a Maine fishing license on fathers day, but we went up mid August I think it was.  All kinds of fish in this lake, its 40 miles x 20 miles and in a shape with lots of coves.  Max depth 246’ mean depth 55’ and the perimeter is 280 miles.

D2A8215B-400A-4228-A3D6-449AEB741CE7.jpeg

No sheephead! I’m out ^_^

• Like 1

Well today is it :boredom:

i feel like it was yesterday that I concluded LAST years Maine thread, even though i added to it these past few weeks getting antsy to go.  

Today we went out on the quad as usual, it has really become our favorite thing to do. Anyways, we trailered it about 20 minutes to a different section that we have ALWAYS wanted to explore.  Something about it just looked so remote, and moosey.  So we parked next to Brassua Lake, and rode the hard road the half mile to where the ITS trail crosses the maine road.  We took the trail in hopes of reaching Jackman, a logging town 19 miles south of Quebec.  Well we only made it 3 miles to a VERY flooded section of trail.  It was a shame, as the area was beautiful, and just felt as if you were in Alaska.  Well we turned around, headed back out those 3 miles, and crossed the hard road where we originally entered trail.  This section was very scenic too, but it has some obstacles that we somewhat challenged ourselves to, since we are still noobs in ATVing.  During the flooded sections where I could walk the sides off, I used a tree branch to check depth, and how soft the section was.  Anyways, we said screw it, and conquered each section on this side of the road.  It was a slow 10-15 miles in,  but I travel slow to not damage tires.  After the ride we went back to the house, cleaned up and went to dinner at a place that truly makes you feel like a local at home.  They treat you so well that you leave a bit bummed out to be honest.  You just imagine at that point what it is like to live up here.  Just genuine good people, who I truly appreciate.  At dinner we had that “Browned Butted, Pork Belly, & Lobster Pizza”...oh my god was it DELICIOUS.  We expected it to be good, since all of their other foods are so flavorful, and delicious, but being pizza, we did not expect it to really be anything but “good”....we were blown away at how different it was, exploding with flavor, and made fresh to order.  What a wonderful place.  After dinner, we came back, made a campfire, and are listening to the loons on the lake crying.  What a trip, and I appreciate you all letting me share the adventures we had.  Always a depressing time to leave...truly do not like NY, and I am 100% a different person up here in my comfort zone.

48DDA5D5-5975-4856-B5B9-3DE93185A25E.jpeg

F8C70756-18FD-42A0-BFEE-1AF590765DEB.jpeg

62A4956F-E76D-4C8E-8464-289E662BEAE3.jpeg

9DD290E9-1521-4EFD-B5B3-92B8F47B91A6.jpeg

7A6CE896-40D1-40B2-AC0C-ED85DE8B08A5.png

4ED628D4-FE42-4F35-9192-4D28047F7D0D.jpeg

CDFBC2C6-A1F6-4BF1-BED6-C6AB3F19CF07.jpeg

F7CB5968-F90B-4165-8D87-8215258E2DA0.jpeg

• Like 8

Thats a wrap guys, back home after 550 miles.  Took a bit of a different route home this time, took 90 through Massachusetts to Albany, and down the Thruway to Kingston...was better than that Connecticut madhouse.  Great trip, 202 miles on the ATV, etc...already planning going further north for a few days to try something different, but we truly love Moosehead Lake.  Thanks for hearing my stories, all the interest, kind if sad for us to have this over once again...feels like I just concluded last years thread.  

78E11BE3-810E-4683-8277-DE7033672EE9.jpeg

F2364D1A-1B09-498E-9CC9-8CBB5AB37D57.jpeg

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Glad to see you back home safe. On with the wedding plans!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Moho...What a long hectic ride, woke up not in the mood, kept hitting snooze, next thing you know we left at like 10am...we leave to GO TO Maine at like 2-4am usually so big difference.  We have some ideas for wedding plans! It will be up there, thinking of renting a log home right on the lake, with it catered with lobsters, steaks, and Mexican food, our favorites! 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Thanks Moho...What a long hectic ride, woke up not in the mood, kept hitting snooze, next thing you know we left at like 10am...we leave to GO TO Maine at like 2-4am usually so big difference.  We have some ideas for wedding plans! It will be up there, thinking of renting a log home right on the lake, with it catered with lobsters, steaks, and Mexican food, our favorites! 

Our invites better not get lost in the mail 

• Thanks 1

I thought Shrimp is your favorite?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I thought Shrimp is your favorite?

No, just easier on more of a regular basis to have shrimp for home dinners.  When you thought you knew me lol.... I’m not THAT predictable, haha come on Biz!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i always drove up thru the dacks and avoided the northway to get there.  Was a longer drive but it was worth it.  Def way out of your way though.  Glad you made it back to NY cause there is hunting to do and a 400# bear you need to pose with.  

Funny you say that, thats what I used to do when I went up to the Saranac lakes area.  I used to camp at Rollins Pond up by Follensbee Clear Pond, middle Saranac, Raquette River area....I would drive up 17 to Deposit rake route 12, and 8 i believe it is, then go through Old Forge, Inlet, Speculator on route 28, then to route 30, and route 3 and on up.  Probably have a few routes mixed up, been awhile, but same thing I like to avoid big highways if possible, can’t stand the high concentration of dbag.  

Hoping for that bear! Haven’t seen either on that cam while we were aware.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! Really enjoyed your photos and updates!!

Congratz again!

Thank you Fletch! I am glad you enjoyed the pics/stories.  We are planning further north for a portion of next trip, have to start looking around for ideas. She’s still super excited, and can hardly believe it happened.  She thought next year at some point, haha.  Sneaky sneaky

Edited by Bionic

42 minutes ago, crappyice said:

No wedding is complete without a “made to order” pizza appetizer station....case a High Life is all it will cost ya for my services!!!

I instantly thought you would have to be the pizza man, as soon as I read “pizza appetizer station”! 

Get what ta pay for, but I think i’ m a head of it here for only a case of High Life. Haha

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

Thank you Fletch! I am glad you enjoyed the pics/stories.  We are planning further north for a portion of next trip, have to start looking around for ideas. She’s still super excited, and can hardly believe it happened.  She thought next year at some point, haha.  Sneaky sneaky

I have done Maine a bunch of times but always along the coast. Lots of pretty country and nice folks. And Lobstaaaa!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fletch said:

I have done Maine a bunch of times but always along the coast. Lots of pretty country and nice folks. And Lobstaaaa!

True true! I have only stayed at the coast twice, once for a week for my first visit to Bar Harbor, and Acadia.  Another time for one night in Wells/Moody on the way back from Moosehead.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I remember hitting Arcadia a bit after dark. Had, at the time, my young wife drop me off with the tent and gear and sent her to get live lobsters. By the time she got back I had camp set up and fire going and we ate lobsters cooked over hot coals with our fingers. Oh so good. The stars there are so bright without all the light pollution. Good memories! Man I miss my 20’s

And 30’s

And 40’s lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I remember hitting Arcadia a bit after dark. Had, at the time, my young wife drop me off with the tent and gear and sent her to get live lobsters. By the time she got back I had camp set up and fire going and we ate lobsters cooked over hot coals with our fingers. Oh so good. The stars there are so bright without all the light pollution. Good memories! Man I miss my 20’s

And 30’s

And 40’s lol

That’s what it’s all about!

sounds like you two need to go back, you will still feel that way up there as if you’re still in your 20’s

or 30’s

or 40’s lol

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1