Football concussion advice

Zag

Most coaches have hard set rules unlike today's' classrooms to teach kids responsibility. You miss or slack practice you ride the bench...You travel with a team and learn how to be responsible for yourself, your gear and so forth.

Ouch-blindsided shot against teachers! Now ask yourself why are these coaches able to hold kids to hard and strict rules when teachers can’t? Because the parents dump buttloads of cash in their pockets and have greater concern about little Johnny being on the A team or in that program. Those “pay to play” coaches have been given free range to do what they want with or to your kid as you pay handsomely for them to do it.

Teachers (especially public teacher) are easy targets and the employees of families it seems. Parents easily jump on them if and when expectations are enforced because my little Johnny would never behave poorly. We can’t throw little Johnny out of our public classroom like those high end programs do and keep your $$$. We are stuck with the snowplow mommy, always clearing obstacles from their baby’s path to make their life easier!

Of course the “you” is not directly you Fletch....it’s the societal you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

I think you misunderstood my poorly written post lol.

I meant the obsessiveness of sports and playing 5 leagues and the parents more involved than the kids.......not obsessiveness with concussions...concussions is serious shit.

More my bad writing than you misunderstanding me thinks!!

Nope, that was just my poor reading comprehension :heat:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Ouch-blindsided shot against teachers! Now ask yourself why are these coaches able to hold kids to hard and strict rules when teachers can’t? Because the parents dump buttloads of cash in their pockets and have greater concern about little Johnny being on the A team or in that program. Those “pay to play” coaches have been given free range to do what they want with or to your kid as you pay handsomely for them to do it.

Teachers (especially public teacher) are easy targets and the employees of families it seems. Parents easily jump on them if and when expectations are enforced because my little Johnny would never behave poorly. We can’t throw little Johnny out of our public classroom like those high end programs do and keep your $$$. We are stuck with the snowplow mommy, always clearing obstacles from their baby’s path to make their life easier!

Of course the “you” is not directly you Fletch....it’s the societal you!

Wow touchy are you?  Not what I meant at all. Teachers are not the problem, at least most of them. It is the administration policies and such that they cant reprimand students, completely disruptive students are allowed to stay in classes ruining others schooling and so on.....Teachers are handcuffed and yes way too many so called parents send their classless kids to school and expect the school to teach them respect and proper behavior.

On the other hand coaches at least for now can bench players or cut players. Teachers can't.

By the way I have multiple teachers in the family.

Apologies you took offense.

Edited by Fletch

Wow touchy are you?  Not what I meant at all. Teachers are not the problem, at least most of them. It is the administration policies and such that they cant reprimand students, completely disruptive students are allowed to stay in classes ruining others schooling and so on.....Teachers are handcuffed and yes way too many so called parents send their classless kids to school and expect the school to teach them respect and proper behavior.

On the other hand coaches at least for now can bench players or cut players. Teachers can't.

By the way I have multiple teachers in the family.

Apologies you took offense.

I’m all good Fletch. Teachers are often placed at the root cause of so many things (not really this one but...) that are out of our control.

Parents having more of a fear of the consequence for their kid at travel sports or elite teams as opposed to the classroom is a huge problem however.

• Like 1