Little time at the bench

Nytracker

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

I'm on vacation soon I am planning on making a couple trips north .  Would love to shoot a buck next weekend.  Then fish a few days and.then get a doe .

starting tuesday morn 10/29 i'm off work for about 18 days,  lookin to do the same thing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Nice tie. I fish parachutes for most of my dry fly fishing . I tend to tie them as klinkhammer style . I get the best of emerger and dry  action. I was looking at my box I need some light hendricksons . But I have some time yet .

I tied quite a few klnkhammers last year and never fished them much during the season. I'll give them a better shake this year I guess.

Was planning to sneak off today and fish after work .... then I got a call that the stock truck just dumped  and theres a mob of people  following it . So I stayed home and whipped up   a few flies . Put on some leaders packing for a trip north in the morning ... perhaps I will get into the steelehead  .

One year I helped  stock . I actually  watched 2 guys take buckets from the stocking truck. Walk through a yard  get in a truck and drive away. They didn't even bring the buckets back .

Love to watch the kids when they catch fish . Hate watching dad take 2 limits of fish as the kid sits in the car playing video games on the phone .

When I use to be active in TU we use to do a kids trout derby. That was a blast . Free pizza and soda  doughnuts  hot cocoa for all. We gave away tons of fishing gear for the kids . Was a good time . 

Edited by Nytracker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...