Studying For Alost A Yaer, Still Going In Cold

DirtTime

15 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Even bigfoot has been spotted on those trails  up there  lol 

Actually no matter where you go up there  there is a trail not to far away   usually  . 

But I here you  you want to really get out there .

Now I have to quote @Buckmaster7600 , you don't spend much time in the real Adirondacks do you? Once you get off main roads in some areas, you can drive a long time and not see anything, no houses, no electric lines or poles, and certainly to trails.

Yes, I want to get out there. It's not really big woods hunting if I'm on a trail from a tourist park.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Maybe the local welcome center would have some trail maps of the area you plan to go. 

I will ask the first tree I encounter upon slipping into the woods from the side of the road if it has one.

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Will there be souvenirs??

image.thumb.png.701295635e07caacd5212d9c11a9cc1f.png

I already bought a hat the last time I was up there. The only souvenir I hope to bring home is meat for the freezer, and the antlers to put on a plaque.

• Thanks 1

I will take this into consideration. Really not my style to hunt over or on trails though.
But again, some of the places I plan to hunt do not have trails, so what does that mean? There are no trails to walk on. One last time, just to be clear, when there are no trails where you are hunting, you cannot walk on trails. Honestly, really, there will not be trails in all the areas I want to hunt. I really don't think this is so hard to understand. Or is it?
The real question, is there, any, woodsroads ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Now I have to quote @Buckmaster7600 , you don't spend much time in the real Adirondacks do you? Once you get off main roads in some areas, you can drive a long time and not see anything, no houses, no electric lines or poles, and certainly to trails.

Yes, I want to get out there. It's not really big woods hunting if I'm on a trail from a tourist park.

I was joking 

2 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Sorry. Currently on a nice trail in the ADK's and have slower service up here... I posted that a yaer ago...Weird

Are there any guardrails near by? I hear they are a great way to get un-lost.

7 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Sorry. Currently on a nice trail in the ADK's and have slower service up here... I posted that a yaer ago...Weird

WAIT! If you are lost I will be there Monday! Just stay put and I will find you!

Edited by DirtTime
  • Like 1

Andrew plans on Spring Turkey hunting with me at Stewart next May. We plan on setting up 5 feet from the parking lot on the connecting woods road. We are going to sit right in the middle of the ol woodsroad-LOL!:taunt:

You would twist him up like a pretzel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew plans on Spring Turkey hunting with me at Stewart next May. We plan on setting up 5 feet from the parking lot on the connecting woods road. We are going to sit right in the middle of the ol woodsroad-LOL!:taunt:
Im way to intimidated to hunt with a legend like you billy, but maybe someday,if I am, lucky enough, We will cross woodsroads

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

And swords.

Now back to Robs hunt. What’s the plan if you kill a deer? Bringing coolers? Access to ice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The plan is if he shoots  a big one in there on his bush wack hunt  after about 20 minutes  of dragging he is going to say to him self  boy I wish I took old bill and 007 advice and stayed near those trails  to make it easier to get the hell out of there :)

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

And swords.

Now back to Robs hunt. What’s the plan if you kill a deer? Bringing coolers? Access to ice?

Crossing swords? That's just so wrong! Can we please keep the love affairs that have blossomed from you folks drunken GTG's out of this! Thanks.

As for getting the deer out, already covered this somewhat. I will most likely have to quarter the deer and pack it out. I will take plenty of video and pics to make sure DEC knows what the deer was and that it was legal and I had tags. 3 points on one side, no does. I really am not happy about having to keep the bucks organ in a cooler. If that's what I have to do then that's what I'll do. We rented a cabin, the cabin has a fridge with a freezer, so once processed the meat will go in the freezer. Yes we have access to ice to fill a cooler we brought with camp meat in it, so will use it to get the meat home safely from a kill. Not sure how much more I can convey this one.

2 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

The plan is if he shoots  a big one in there on his bush wack hunt  after about 20 minutes  of dragging he is going to say to him sell boy I wish I took old bill and 007 advice and stayed near those trails  to make it easier to get the hell out of there :)

NO! I can never convey this more profusely, NO! You two need to stay downstate!

Just now, DirtTime said:

NO! I can never convey this more profusely, NO! You two need to stay downstate!

Even in Alaska the locals hunt off trails and  dirtroads rob there is no shame in it  nobody going to think less of you if you do it that way  . 

Just saying, don't get offended . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Why would you have to keep his junk of you have his head?

They measure the nuts  and use the PA  nut chart to get accurate wieght.  

Just like that chest chart .

:)  ball measuring has been scientifically proven to produce accurate weights of deer. 

20191016_204620.jpg

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

As for getting the deer out, already covered this somewhat. I will most likely have to quarter the deer and pack it out. I will take plenty of video and pics to make sure DEC knows what the deer was and that it was legal and I had tags. 3 points on one side, no does. I really am not happy about having to keep the bucks organ in a cooler. If that's what I have to do then that's what I'll do. We rented a cabin, the cabin has a fridge with a freezer, so once processed the meat will go in the freezer. Yes we have access to ice to fill a cooler we brought with camp meat in it, so will use it to get the meat home safely from a kill. Not sure how much more I can convey this one.

I can't find it on there website but if you have a copy of this years hunting regulations on page 24 in a black box titled "boning out deer" it says "some hunters who take a deer in remote areas may wish to bone out the deer and pack out the meat.this is lawful but you must retain the carcass tag with the meat" It doesn't say anything about retaining the deer's junk.

I'm heading up this weekend for a week of muzzle loader if I get one ether sex to far back i'm cutting it up and packing it out.I'll go as far as snapping a picture,but that's it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I can't find it on there website but if you have a copy of this years hunting regulations on page 24 in a black box titled "boning out deer" it says "some hunters who take a deer in remote areas may wish to bone out the deer and pack out the meat.this is lawful but you must retain the carcass tag with the meat" It doesn't say anything about retaining the deer's junk.

I'm heading up this weekend for a week of muzzle loader if I get one ether sex to far back i'm cutting it up and packing it out.I'll go as far as snapping a picture,but that's it.

Junk / boning out deer. 

• Haha 1

As far as I’m aware you have zero obligation to keep any meat. You can shoot a deer and leave it as coyote bait. However you need tag it and bring out the head and genitals for transporting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk