Studying For Alost A Yaer, Still Going In Cold

DirtTime

52 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

As far as I’m aware you have zero obligation to keep any meat. You can shoot a deer and leave it as coyote bait. However you need tag it and bring out the head and genitals for transporting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I have seen deer skinned  head gone nuts gone and back straps , everything else they left  near trail head  parking area of public land   one time like 2 years back during gun season.  Not sure if that is  legal but that guy obviously thought it was because he left it right on the side of trail head near parking area . 

Edited by Hunter007

Ny has want and waste laws I believe you would be charged if caught leaving killed game without making an effort to take the meat of deer 

No. You can leave it for yote bait. I know because my dad recovered a buck he shot 2 days later in warm temps. He gutted it and it stunk. He brought it to the butcher anyway to dispose it. Butcher and DEC happened to be there both told him he could have taken the rack and tagged it and left the rancid deer in the woods.

55 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No. You can leave it for yote bait. I know because my dad recovered a buck he shot 2 days later in warm temps. He gutted it and it stunk. He brought it to the butcher anyway to dispose it. Butcher and DEC happened to be there both told him he could have taken the rack and tagged it and left the rancid deer in the woods.

Should of taken it to the Chinese restaurant  they would of made you nice bowl of kungfoyoung soup with it :)

• Haha 1

I guess they don't worry to much about that because probably 99% guys take the deer they shoot and use it .

And the 1% or what ever it is that don't  it still is  gets  eaten up by the animals in the forest nothing goes to waist in nature. 

Even when you take a dumb in the woods it  becomes like a buffet for all sorts of critters :) 

Edited by Hunter007

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So by this logic can you find your deer, decide it has ground shrinkage and you dont want to tag it and just walk away??

No. You have to tag it. But in my Dad's case, he could have taken out the head/nuts and left the rest. 

19 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Don't know if it's racist, lots of people throw around the "racist" term these days for things that really aren't.  I'd say it's more of a STUPID statement on his part.  Nothing unusual coming from him actually.

just  a soup joke .

If I said bring to my favorite Italian restaurant sal monella would you feel better bizz 

I think you are confusing me with chef he is   the one talking about all Chinese restaurants  being  dirty . 

I on the other hand love Chinaese food .

Edited by Hunter007

21 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Close to what line?  You two come up with some real doozies.  Not like most of the people here don't already know this.

Hmm you just called a member of the Forman  stupid .

That's a violation of the rules here . NO PERSONAL ATTACKS!!!

Edited by Hunter007

Looking like more of two trains smashing into each other then a derailment. :stop:

Weather is looking a bit snotty a few days. Really hoping the rain is evenings or over night. At least it should be quiet walking through the woods.
Squish squish squish go the eager hunters feet

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Started doing some of the pack out today. Plan was to wash hunting cloths and treat with Sawyers. Ma nature slapped that down.

Double checked to make sure everything's in my hunting pack that needs to be, first aid kit, knives, compass, hot hands, blah blah. Put my maps in zip lock bags to keep them dry if I am out or get caught out in the rain. Swapped emergency blankets from my larger fire kit to the first aid kit, and made a super small EFK, and leaving the bigger fire kit home. Made sure to add my wife's blaze orange hunting vest in the tote with my hunting clothing so she's seen when we go hiking.

Went back over the list of food we are taking from home. Made a new list of things I still have to do. Got all the proper paperwork for the dog out and ready to go.

Starting to debate which deer rifle to take if I go out for the 26th. One swings a little better, the other is lighter. I don't shoot at running deer, so now I am hemming and hawing, LOL.

Those good type of butterflies are really starting to rumble the closer Monday gets.

Started doing some of the pack out today. Plan was to wash hunting cloths and treat with Sawyers. Ma nature slapped that down.
Double checked to make sure everything's in my hunting pack that needs to be, first aid kit, knives, compass, hot hands, blah blah. Put my maps in zip lock bags to keep them dry if I am out or get caught out in the rain. Swapped emergency blankets from my larger fire kit to the first aid kit, and made a super small EFK, and leaving the bigger fire kit home. Made sure to add my wife's blaze orange hunting vest in the tote with my hunting clothing so she's seen when we go hiking.
Went back over the list of food we are taking from home. Made a new list of things I still have to do. Got all the proper paperwork for the dog out and ready to go.
Starting to debate which deer rifle to take if I go out for the 26th. One swings a little better, the other is lighter. I don't shoot at running deer, so now I am hemming and hawing, LOL.
Those good type of butterflies are really starting to rumble the closer Monday gets.

Lighter, if you aren’t shooting at running deer use whatever’s lighter. If you’re going to get serious about hunting up there regularly you really need to practice shooting at running deer probably 3/4’s of the bucks I’ve killed in the big woods we’re on the run. That being said as my tracking skills are improving “very slowly” those numbers are changing but I still practice regularly at shooting moving targets.