DirtTime

Studying For Alost A Yaer, Still Going In Cold

Just put in the reservation request to see if the same cabin is available this year. I hope it works out, and we get it.

Last year, a few days after we left, that Halloween storm hit and tore up a lot of the back roads and a few of the main roads. Not to mention the woods.

I really want to get a ML for this trip, but, I doubt I can afford it. No matter, I"ll still hit the woods with the bow.

• Like 2

What week? October?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

On 1/27/2020 at 7:50 PM, DirtTime said:

Just put in the reservation request to see if the same cabin is available this year. I hope it works out, and we get it.

Last year, a few days after we left, that Halloween storm hit and tore up a lot of the back roads and a few of the main roads. Not to mention the woods.

I really want to get a ML for this trip, but, I doubt I can afford it. No matter, I"ll still hit the woods with the bow.

I have one you can use for the week. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, grampy said:

Thats where I was going with this too

• Like 2

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

On 1/30/2020 at 10:28 PM, grampy said:

On 1/31/2020 at 8:48 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Thats where I was going with this too

I very sincerely appreciate the offer guys.

I very humbly must decline. I have zero exp. with a ML. While I get it's not rocket science, I could never live with myself if something happened to your fire arms. Gunking up the powder or falling and breaking the weapon are what I have to consider. Please understand, I really do appreciate the offers, I could never live with myself if something happened to your ML.

My buddies father has two he has offered to allow my wife and I to use on his land. He doesn't hunt anymore, so I am thinking about asking him if he would sell me one. I'm sure he would allow me to make a few payments and then bring it home once I paid him in full for it.

If not, it's a deal breaker for me. I'll still hunt, and now that I have a slight grasp on a couple areas, I won't be crawling through thickets next year ( I hope ).

• Like 1

I very humbly must decline. I have zero exp. with a ML. While I get it's not rocket science, I could never live with myself if something happened to your fire arms. Gunking up the powder or falling and breaking the weapon are what I have to consider. Please understand, I really do appreciate the offers, I could never live with myself if something happened to your ML.

My buddies father has two he has offered to allow my wife and I to use on his land. He doesn't hunt anymore, so I am thinking about asking him if he would sell me one. I'm sure he would allow me to make a few payments and then bring it home once I paid him in full for it.

If not, it's a deal breaker for me. I'll still hunt, and now that I have a slight grasp on a couple areas, I won't be crawling through thickets next year ( I hope ).

Rob I sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DirtTime said:

If we were closer we could meet at a range for a half hour ML 101, theres not much to it. In exchange you could teach me to start a fire with a lemon and a twist tie!

• Like 4

-Mitch Hedberg

59 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If we were closer we could meet at a range for a half hour ML 101, theres not much to it. In exchange you could teach me to start a fire with a lemon and a twist tie!

As I said, the offer was much appreciated.

Fire with a lemon and a twist tie..... Hmm......... That could get tricky. Twist tie for a twig bundle is doable. I guess make the fire then make a glass of lemonade?.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

As I said, the offer was much appreciated.

Fire with a lemon and a twist tie..... Hmm......... That could get tricky. Twist tie for a twig bundle is doable. I guess make the fire then make a glass of lemonade?.

They really are super simple. Just make sure they're clean and you're good for the most part. I suggest you use blackhorn 209 powder. Not as convinent as pellets, but less of a hassle