Weasel nest?

rachunter

I had to replace the fool on my front steps today. When I removed the old floor there was what looked like a nest made out of pebbles and it stunk like a rodent. I know there’s a weasel around just never saw anything like that before. Should’ve took a picture but didn’t think of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a pack rat the weasel is after

Great I didn’t think rats lived in the woods. Always thought they where a big city problem. There where no dropping or anything else just a bedding of pebbles. I’m putting a trail cam under my house again.

6 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Great I didn’t think rats lived in the woods. Always thought they where a big city problem. There where no dropping or anything else just a bedding of pebbles. I’m putting a trail cam under my house again.

Weasels are predators and I can't think of any reason they would  hoard pebbles...I don't know what kind of a critter you are dealing  with, but I'd bet a sixpack that it is some kind of a rodent or mole rather than a weasel..  Looking forward to your trail cam picts...If it is a weasel, I'll buy you a sixpack

• Like 2

Weasels are predators and I can't think of any reason they would  hoard pebbles...I don't know what kind of a critter you are dealing  with, but I'd bet a sixpack that it is some kind of a rodent or mole rather than a weasel..  Looking forward to your trail cam picts...If it is a weasel, I'll buy you a sixpack

This little one needs a bunch of pebbles!

ca377b18541f415b220e3adafd128cb6.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like this might be it. Last year I caught what I thought was a mouse on steroids the tail was longer then the body. I kinda feel bad being it’s endangered. I dug a hole one year to put up a meat pole when it started rain I went inside the next day there was a rock vole dead in the hole. Felt pretty bad about him too.

27 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Looks like this might be it. Last year I caught what I thought was a mouse on steroids the tail was longer then the body. I kinda feel bad being it’s endangered. I dug a hole one year to put up a meat pole when it started rain I went inside the next day there was a rock vole dead in the hole. Felt pretty bad about him too.

It happens ,they are kind of unique, but I still would not want it in house