Baiting help

Chef

So I’ve done a lot of research and I have decided to try baiting this year. I hear it can be a great way to get those early season bucks to hit your stands. What have you guys done in the past that works best. Apples, corn. Deer cane. What should I do and is it worth buying a feeder?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The best thing to do is advertise it to as many people as possible , it's nice so the new comers can see what kind of set up you went with and they too can become baiters.

Hahah very true, maybe I can send pics to the local Econ officer and ask their advice!!!

Going to be a expsive deer there friend $ 2000  fine  and possible  jail time when they catch you .
Just  go visit 4 seasons  instead . He can probably hook you up with a hunt for about the same price minus breaking the law and jail .

Wait I didn’t know it was illegal to bait in New York are you serious

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

Wait I didn’t know it was illegal to bait in New York are you serious

Yea tell that to them when they catch you lol I'm sure they will get a laugh out of that excuse .

Well maybe you can avoid the jail time at least with that one lol  

33 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Here come the food plot comments.   

Well there  you go just plant stuff they like to eat where you want them .

And avoid breaking the law .

Seriously  I question the sanity of some of the lengths I here some guys going to even breaking the law just to shoot a deer .  :)

Edited by Hunter007

Well they you go just plant stuff they like to eat where you want them .
And avoid breaking the law .
Seriously  I question the sanity of some of the lengths I here some guys going to even breaking the law just to shoot a deer .  

Planting stuff is a lot of work. I was thinking I would go to that store I think it’s called tractor supply and buy like 1000 lbs of corn or something like that and make piles in front of all of my stands

Just now, Chef said:

Planting stuff is a lot of work. I was thinking I would go to that store I think it’s called tractor supply and buy like 1000 lbs of corn or something like that and make piles in front of all of my stands

Just buy a few apple trees you don't even have to take them out of the pot . 

And save yourself the risk of breaking the law  :)

They sell stuff in Dicks and the pictures of those deer on the cover of the bags have MASSIVE RACKS. May want to start with that since it must be legal in NY if it is sold here.

That’s a great idea I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I’m going to go to the dicks in white plains and clear them out tomorrow! Thanks for the idea of you wanna meet me there I’ll buy you a bag or two for giving me the idea. Will probably help you attract those does for your program in the parks

Just buy a few apple trees you don't even have to take them out of the pot . 
And save yourself the risk of breaking the law 

Takes too long to grow apples... what if I buy potted trees and put apples all around them... who would know

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

Takes too long to grow apples... what if I buy potted trees and put apples all around them... who would know

I use to hunt a apple farm the deer eat the shit out of the new plants even with no apples  farmer told me does not matter attracts them anyway.