Baiting help

Chef

Yep ,  My dads been in  rehab ,had knee replacement. 
And on the property I see deer all over the place but there is no way to get to them no hunting around there .  Most of Westchester is like that more or less .   You don't need bait just access  and patience.

Burke ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Have you visited the maintenance shop while there? You want access I suggest you start with a 12 pack of High Life and a guarantee of White Castle for every deer taken. Not sure of town/city regs so may want to start there.

Never crossed my mind to ask  I dought  they would allow it . But that's a good idea  , thanks  for some other places I can think of  I may try that . :)

Never crossed my mind to ask  I dought  they would allow it . But that's a good idea  , thanks  for some other places I can think of  I may try that .

Can’t get access if you don’t ask...be prepared for many no’s. Ask enough someone will say yes...sort of like Thursday nights in college!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

It is a violation......  now you need a lawyer........  come on now...........  It is legal in most states and I would bet you 80 percent of hunters in westchester county feed deer....  I do not care what google says........

It’s not 80% and anyone who cheats is pathetic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Easier to just hunt an orchard.  Same thing.   

Sarcasm, maybe...? :rofl:

Begs the question - If not, are we going to draw some line in the sand between agr grain crops vs fruit farms vs food plots regarding hunting near each and their ethics or legalities...?

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It is pretty dam close....  especially in the areas I use to hunt.... I think some people are a little naive...  I guarantee you  there people you know who feed deer and tell you they don't cause you say it is pathetic....  probably some close friends.........  I had a guy I use to work with going crazy about people feeding deer and how this aint right and that aint right.  I had my kids picking pumpkins years back and guess who was getting a load of apples put in his truck 50 miles from his house cause he did not want to be seen. I walked up and hit him with some stupid line like " baking alot of pies" His face looked like I just caught him with a body in the trunk of his car. He was so friggin mad that he was busted....  it is small world....  He is the one hunter I would say would never bait deer....

• Haha 1

It is pretty dam close....  especially in the areas I use to hunt.... I think some people are a little naive...  I guarantee you  there people you know who feed deer and tell you they don't cause you say it is pathetic....  probably some close friends.........  I had a guy I use to work with going crazy about people feeding deer and how this aint right and that aint right.  I had my kids picking pumpkins years back and guess who was getting a load of apples put in his truck 50 miles from his house cause he did not want to be seen. I walked up and hit him with some stupid line like " baking alot of pies" His face looked like I just caught him with a body in the trunk of his car. He was so friggin mad that he was busted....  it is small world....  He is the one hunter I would say would never bait deer....

Maybe he was making shine?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It IS a violation. First time offender gets a $500.00 fine and loss of privilege for 1 year.

The only reason it IS cheating HERE is because NYS sucks. Go down to Texas or some other state where it is completely normal and tell them they are pathetic to their face, see what happens.

4 minutes ago, CapDistPatriot said:

It IS a violation. First time offender gets a $500.00 fine and loss of privilege for 1 year.

The only reason it IS cheating HERE is because NYS sucks. Go down to Texas or some other state where it is completely normal and tell them they are pathetic to their face, see what happens.

You are misunderstanding me. I'm not saying baiting is pathetic. I'm saying breaking the law/rules to kill a buck is pathetic. If it's legal, I would try it too. why not? But it's not, so why cheat? I don't agree with the october 1st opener, i think it should be 9/15 like CT. So should i just kill a buck on 9/15 because NY sucks?

• Like 1

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You are misunderstanding me. I'm not saying baiting is pathetic. I'm saying breaking the law/rules to kill a buck is pathetic. If it's legal, I would try it too. why not? But it's not, so why cheat? I don't agree with the october 1st opener, i think it should be 9/15 like CT. So should i just kill a buck on 9/15 because NY sucks?

OK sorry I misunderstood you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

as noted in my post above. I'm not against the style of hunting, but i'm against breaking the law. Yes, you are right i know a few "baiters". They get their two mature bucks before October 15th every year. I just couldn't keep those racks in my house if i cheated. A 9/15 buck in NY is the same as a cheating baited buck during NY season. It's poaching/illegal.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I am 1000000% against baiting and would HATE to see it made legal here. Just what I need is to have to outbait my neighbors with rotting piles of vegetation on my land. 

I would not object if it were legal here but doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I'll still hopefully kill at least one or a few deer a year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I would also object to baiting. To be honest that just seems way to easy to kill a animal. Apply yourself, scout and hunt not sit wait and shoot. I swear this millennial generation along with their participation trophy’s would be all behind baiting along with the old timer who only has 2 days a year to hunt . F- that 

I hunted over bait in Canada for bear.  Didn't help at all.  I am good without it. 

Don’t feel bad. I hunted wolf over bait in Alberta and Northwestern Ontario. 6 days each, 12 days total dark-dark and zero wolf seen. In Alberta the guy who hunted the day I left shot one lol.

• Like 2