Baiting help

Chef

I have some experience with this, all legal.

Nothing beats corn. Deer love it, so do turkeys, and a lot of critters you don't want showing up as well. Fill a feeder and you are good for a couple months, and get a solar battery charger so you don't have to replace batteries on a regular basis.

Wildlife will eat your corn, but they also know humans are putting food out for them, so they are wary. If you are targeting deer, does and small bucks will hit it during the daytime, but good luck getting an old buck to come to it during the day. It takes a while for wildlife to find your feeder and start using it, but once they do, they are usually hooked.

Much cheaper, a LOT less work, and easier overall than dealing with food plots. But if playing in the dirt is your thing, have at it.

Edited by Uncle Nicky

I have some experience with this, all legal.
Nothing beats corn. Deer love it, so do turkeys, and a lot of critters you don't want showing up as well. Fill a feeder and you are good for a couple months, and get a solar battery charger so you don't have to replace batteries on a regular basis.
Wildlife will eat your corn, but they also know humans are putting food out for them, so they are wary. If you are targeting deer, does and small bucks will hit it during the daytime, but good luck getting an old buck to come to it during the day. It takes a while for wildlife to find your feeder and start using it, but once they do, they are usually hooked.
Much cheaper, a LOT less work, and easier overall than dealing with food plots. But if playing in the dirt is your thing, have at it.

So do you suggest night-vison goggles for the big bucks at the feeder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, crappyice said:

So do you suggest night-vison goggles for the big bucks at the feeder? emoji849.png

Honestly, I don't know anywhere in the U.S. where that's legal for whitetails or mulies. Might work in Texas for Axis deer, definitely would work for hogs wherever legal. 

So do you suggest night-vison goggles for the big bucks at the feeder?

I was always told a spot light works best. Sometimes they will even freeze and stare at the light giving you time to get the scope on them and pull the trigger

14 hours ago, crappyice said:

They sell stuff in Dicks and the pictures of those deer on the cover of the bags have MASSIVE RACKS. May want to start with that since it must be legal in NY if it is sold here.

Here I am looking for advice on how to kill more deer and I find conversations about dicks, and bags with massive racks.  Buzzkill.

• Like 2