Baiting help

Chef

17 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Like Costner said in field of dreams about his Iowa cornfield..."if you bait it they will come...."

that was in iowa! those results don't apply here!

really though i prefer a Costner from Yellowstone reference... do whatever you want then when people or law shows up tell them "remember who you work for" and "get the %$*& off my land!"  BWAHAHAHA

• Like 1

Only certain zones. Majority of state you cannot bait. Unless things have changed it used to be Fairfield county only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it’s the whole state but only on private land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, The Jerkman said:

Totally legal in CT

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

All of NJ, MD, parts of PA, most of the southern states, and TEXAS. :)

And probably a few I can't remember. Follow the rules, and if you don't like baiting where legal, don't do it. But it's a lot cheaper & easier than food plots, with the same results. It's not so much about hunting over the bait as it is keeping wildlife in the area.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

All of NJ, MD, parts of PA, most of the southern states, and TEXAS. :)

And probably a few I can't remember. Follow the rules, and if you don't like baiting where legal, don't do it. But it's a lot cheaper & easier than food plots, with the same results. It's not so much about hunting over the bait as it is keeping wildlife in the area.

I like the way you put that.  Some guys who put out food plots can have a coronary when baiting is brought up, yet there is very little (if any) difference between the two.

Now let's see how long it will take for someone to try to justify food plots by saying that they don't spread CWD like baiting does? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I like the way you put that.  Some guys who put out food plots can have a coronary when baiting is brought up, yet there is very little (if any) difference between the two.

Now let's see how long it will take for someone to try to justify food plots by saying that they don't spread CWD like baiting does? 

Slightly different than a bag of corn.

C37BB627-C933-4CF9-8A6F-54CB48D16622.jpeg

EA73B104-604B-485B-8AE9-B6F0160C9B93.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Pav2704 said:

Slightly different than a bag of corn.

C37BB627-C933-4CF9-8A6F-54CB48D16622.jpeg

EA73B104-604B-485B-8AE9-B6F0160C9B93.jpeg

I figured it wouldn't take long for someone to take offense.  Reality is that you are hunting over bait that you planted as others might hunt over bait that they bought in a bag.  As Uncle Nicky said, its all about "keeping wildlife in the area" with the idea that it might help your hunting.  If one wasn't a hunter they wouldn't be planting plots OR buying bags of corn, so what is the difference?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I figured it wouldn't take long for someone to take offense.  Reality is that you are hunting over bait that you planted as others might hunt over bait that they bought in a bag.  As Uncle Nicky said, its all about "keeping wildlife in the area" with the idea that it might help your hunting.  If one wasn't a hunter they wouldn't be planting plots OR buying bags of corn, so what is the difference?

Honestly, no offense taken.  Just trying to point out that a bag of corn will feed a deer for a few days.  Food plots fill feed deer all season and through the harsh winter.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

This is fantastic. I got no problem hunting over bait if it was legal, but if it's not and you truly cheat and kill an illegal buck how can one be proud?

Is this a trick question?  Does it depend on the size of the buck killed?  Just guessing here.

3 minutes ago, Pav2704 said:

Honestly, no offense taken.  Just trying to point out that a bag of corn will feed a deer for a few days.  Food plots fill feed deer all season and through the harsh winter.  

Glad you didn't take offense.  I've heard the argument that food plots help feed the deer thru winters and such, but I think an equally good argument could be made that deer should be left to fend for themselves like nature intended.  If we feed them can we then consider them to be truly "wild" animals?