There are still honest people in the world

Hunter007

That's awesome. I lost my wallet over 20 years ago. I don't remember how much money I had but it was significant enough that I was really upset. It was in my mail box the next day. Nothing missing and money all accounted for.....I have no idea who found it or put it there.

• Like 5

One day walking down 34th street in NYC I stumbled on a BIG wad of cash. Sitting there on the sidewwalk staring me in the face. I stepped on it and looked around a bit. It was near one of those food trucks in the general area of a long distance bus pickup point. There was a "dude" standing there  staring intently at the menu. Likely a college kid grabbing a bus and fueling a strong case of the munchies. I picked up the sizeable wad of bills.  I tapped him on the shoulder  and said "Hey you lose something?." He looked at me and made a funny face like WTF then the face changed to one of serious concern. He started fumbling in his pockets pulling out shit, including another wad of cash from one pocket. A loud groan and something to the effect of... "Dude.. I lost my cash from this pocket."   I pulled out the wad and gave back to him and told him to be more careful. I should have asked him for some of whatever he had been smoking.. 

There are a few of us around.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Fun Fact - In 2008 (recession) I was working in a ghetto warehouse in Mount Vernon loading trucks making $8/hour. I was the only white guy. I found a crisp $100 bill and thought about how many drinks I would be able to buy that night with it. However, I am a big believer in Karma so couldn't keep it. I wanted to make sure the right person got it though. I round up the rest of the workers and asked who lost money and whats bills. I purposely said "bills" even though it was only one. One guy said he lost a single hundred dollar bill. I gave it back to him. The next day I got a call on my cell phone with a job offer in NYC. I took the job, my first full-time corporate job and the rest is history.

• Like 9

I have found a few wallets/cash in my days and always returned it. I lost my wallet once and never saw it again. I did lose my hunting licences a couple of years ago and a nice hunter mailed them back to me. I had already purchased a replacement so I got to shoot 4 bucks that year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 years ago. I left mine at a gas station in the northern ADKs. I didnt realize it until I had to pay a toll at the Rip Van Winkle bridge .luckily I had enough change kicking around to pay the toll and enough gas left to make to where I was going in CT. My wallet was still there with all its contents a few weeks later when I came back through.

• Like 4

When I was 21, I seen a car pulling out of a driveway and her purse was on the roof. I turned around and found the purse on the side of the road. The top was open and there was a large sum of money inside. Caught up to her when she was turning around in the local post office. Turns out I went to school with her, and she had joined the army after school. She was on the way to the bank to deposit 13k.   

• Like 3

When I was 14 I was taking the bus home from school and my wallet fell out of my pocket. I had no clue until my father called me and said a lady put the wallet in the mail box. Apperently her kid was next to me and gave it to his mother who found my house from an address in there. I have found quite a few wallets and returned them all. I always think about how it would ruin my day of i lost mine, so i do my hardest to make sure i help out as much as i can

• Like 4

I know I mentioned the story before, but I had a CZ premium 30-06 returned to me after it fell off my truck when I forgot to put it INSIDE of the vehicle (rental) when driving to the range (yes very dumb).  Also had a chandelier returned when it blew out of my truck bed in its box (never knew until I got to the store where I was planning to return it).  Wasn't even damaged!  My view is that more often than not people try to do what is right.  BTW - neither person would accept a reward despite my insistence.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I know I mentioned the story before, but I had a CZ premium 30-06 returned to me after it fell off my truck when I forgot to put it INSIDE of the vehicle (rental) when driving to the range (yes very dumb).  Also had a chandelier returned when it blew out of my truck bed in its box (never knew until I got to the store where I was planning to return it).  Wasn't even damaged!  My view is that more often than not people try to do what is right.  BTW - neither person would accept a reward despite my insistence.

My math says you have to go be going 317MPH in your truck for a 56lb. chandelier to fly out 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My math says you have to go be going 317MPH in your truck for a 56lb. chandelier to fly out 

Not sure but pottery barn accepted the dented box return.   I did think it was heavy enough that it didn’t need a ratchet strap.  Wrong.  And I never heard it fly out nor could I see it with the folded tonneau covering the rear window.  

• Like 1

All these kind acts done for you and you still steal from others.... hmm

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My sister and I found a broken open parking meter years ago and collected the money and returned it to town hall. They did a small article on us in the local paper...more recently I found some doctors wallet in the Home Depot lot. He lived near me so dropped it off to his house as he was just getting back in his car to go back and try and find it. Gave me his card just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crappyice said:

My sister and I found a broken open parking meter years ago and collected the money and returned it to town hall. They did a small article on us in the local paper...more recently I found some doctors wallet in the Home Depot lot. He lived near me so dropped it off to his house as he was just getting back in his car to go back and try and find it. Gave me his card just in case.

I'm not sure. I may have spent all the quarters in a parking meter on video games. ;) when I was a kid.. 

I've found three wallets in my time, all fell from moving cars.  One on Rt 20 just west of Texaco Town, another on Rt 20 east of Avon and another on Genesee St (Rt 33) just west of Adam's Nursery.  All were returned 100% intact to the owners and none of them knew their wallets were missing until I called.  The first two were prior to cell phones and the later was maybe 15 years ago.

That last one was sitting on the trunk lid (or was it back of his pick up as he left Adam's Nursery after picking up some stuff.  I called the name on the license and the guys wife couldn't believe it!!  Her husband came home and called me PDQ.  I met him within minutes to give it back.  Some local guys here might even know him; Kevin Flanigan DDS from Lancaster.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

So... If you happen upon a black trash bag with ~$50k of loose bills and a few unsold bags of pot, what do you do? Look around to see if any one is watching? Be a good Samaritan and turn it into the local PD? Myself, I plea the 5th amendment! :rolleyes:

If its drug money I'm keeping it.

Parking meters are theft!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk