Early season food?

Swamp_bucks

So im trying to get a game plan together for opening weekend. I have 3 ideas for that first saturday. Going to depend on wind,weather,ect. But what food do you look for the first couple weeks to try and hunt over?

Option 1:  Is a huge patch of white oaks loaded with acorns.  Found a tree in the area that had the most droppings under 4 or 5 oaks.  Along with 2 old scrapes and rubs from last year.

Option 2: small apple orchard that i know is loaded this year. Also hoping to scout another one this weekend.

Option 3:  15 acre hay field,i have stands preset for the 2 corners they normally come out in.  

As of now im leaning towards the acorns.  Let me know your thoughts.

2 hours ago, Chef said:

How secluded is the orchard is it a active orchard or old overgrown orchard. How about between the acorns and apples in the afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orchard is an old over grown one right next to the road.  I have seen deer in it before and the oaks are not on the same property.

Orchard is an old over grown one right next to the road.  I have seen deer in it before and the oaks are not on the same property.

I would hunt a back corner of the orchard in the afternoon. Find a lightly used train in and set up about 30 yards into the woods 20 yards off the trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk