Supplies arrived.

Culvercreek hunt club

Well I went on a bit of a shopping spree to get set up with gear. I'll post pics up as I get it all set up and ready for action. I am glad I got into some hobby blacksmithing, this is going to prove handy in some of the things I want to set up for the trapping. I am planning on mainly running for coons, fox and coyote but may take a stab at a little water trapping if I have the time or come up with some areas to do it that aren't too far away. 

I will be running Bridger #2-2 coil dogless-offset, Duke Dogproofs and Duke 2 coil #1.5's.  I also was given a few bodygripping 160's but am deciding if I will run those on land or not. 

I am in the process of building my own fleshing beam system but the big void for me currently is drying boards. I still have to source them. I did find a mill that will sell me 1/2" basswood so I could build my own, but I may just bit the bullet and buy them ready to go. 

• Like 2

Keep us posted on your success.

Depending on how many traps you set it could be a very time consuming endeavor as well as how far apart they were.
Last I knew the trapper was required to check each trap once DAILY, is that still in effect?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TACC said:

Keep us posted on your success.

Depending on how many traps you set it could be a very time consuming endeavor as well as how far apart they were.
Last I knew the trapper was required to check each trap once DAILY, is that still in effect?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They do have to be checked daily. Everything I will be doing to start is within 5 miles of my house. Easy truck or wheeler access right to the trap areas I want to set. . 

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Any of the traps nite latched ? shock springs?  Swivels?  Easy quick mods you can do

The Bridgers came night latched.  I am pretty impressed with them out of the box. If I have time I am going to laminate them. I have not put shock springs in yet on them. I am still debating that one but leaning that way. I am going to run earth anchors on most of the  foot hold traps. Most of the areas I will be using the DP's has brush and trees so I am going to use cable loops on those. The Duke 1.5's I expect to use in pocket sets for coons and pole sets if I get to the muskrats. I already night latched them. They needed quite of adjustment on them. I base plated them for a center swivel, bubble welded the jaw ends but they come with some pretty crappy chain in my opinion.  Changing that out may have to wait until next year. 

I'll end up with 3 crush proofs on all the traps. The Bridgers will get all of the j and s hooks welded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Water Rat said:

Where did you purchase your supplies Culvercreek hunt club , if you don’t mind me asking ?

I looked around quite a bit. I really wanted to make it to Frankfort to the convention but couldn't swing it. I ended up with 2 places for the bulk of the purchases. Best prices I could find on the traps I wanted. Hell the DP's were under $10 each when I got the dozen. I ended up using Funke and Schmitt Enterprises. They were basically even on most items but some were way cheaper. Great prices on cable and components besides the best on the traps I wanted. 

• Like 1