This is why people are angry.

Salmon_Run

Driving down Jericho a 4 lane road 2 each way I am in the right lane and this guy in the left tries to make a right turn into the parking lot, where he works.  I get out of the car and he says "You hit me, YOU hit me!"  I said "NO WAY I am taking the blame for THIS!"    

Sitting on the side in a slight blur because I hit my head on the window the cops show up that I called.  The guy runs up to the officer and say the same thing.  "HE HIT ME!  HE hit ME!"  This officer did not miss a beat!  Without hesitation the officer say "SO he hit you?"  How is all the damage on the left side of his car if he was in the right lane?  What where you trying to do?  Then he confessed he worked at the deli and was trying to make a right into the parking lot!  I did not even have to tell the officer what happened but I did anyway.  Took many pictures to provide proof if I did need it.  Lucky he was found 100 % at fault.  

Sucks as I only had the car for a short time, less than 2 years and it was paid off for the 3 year lease.  Still driving my tacoma now as I feel much safer! 

To say I was angry would be an understatement!  !  !

Still need a replacement! 

My car was still stuck in the road while he actually made it into the parking lot! 

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

In July an old guy crosses two lanes of traffic with his suv, makes an illegal left turn directly in the path of my F-350 truck causing $ 3800.00 worth of damage and loss of use of my truck for a week. The police come, investigate, document and issue him a ticket. Luckily he had no passengers on the left side of his vehicle because they would have been injured.

Well, I get a letter in the mail from his insurance company yesterday stating that I was deemed 70% liable for the damages because I "failed to lookout and take evasive action". I was dumbfounded and contacted the company directly and the logic used was that they (insurance company) only use the police report as "one tool" to assess liability. The company rep stated that he had lesser liability because in his statement to them he clearly stated that " I almost made it" before the collision.... defies all logic and it's a wonder people are upset over this crap.

I'm still steaming mad and now have to apply for arbitration to settle the claim..... 

Ive had that happen before. I had a guy on the expressway sideswipe me and run. I chased after him and called 911 while I was doing it. They asked me to stop since i had his plate number, and a Sheriff would meet me to take the report. The Sheriffs tried to contact the guy, no response. My insurance company tried to contact him, no response. His insurance tried to contact him, no response for 3 weeks. Once he responded, he told them that i hit him and ran. Funny how I got his plate number while I was running lol.

His insurance tried to say it was my fault and they werent paying. My insurance company went after his. I never ended up getting it fixed, would have had to pay out of pocket and wait for reimbursement. Luckilly it was just a fender.

I have been searching for some good dash cams for my vehicles lately. Seems like you hear more and more that if you dont have video of the incident, the insurance company of the person at fault tries to not pay.

• Like 1

What burns me is the protection racket the State of NY runs.  They have a law that requires I have car insurance, and then they charge me a fee for having car insurance.  I'm going to kick over your hot dog cart, unless you pay me not to kick over your hot dog cart.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Subrogation is the right of the carrier to step in your shoes and sue the other party once it has covered the claim to recoup the loss. 

This is exactly what is happening, his insurance company hangs their claim I was at fault on his statement that "I almost made it" and neglected to acknowledge the fact there is a police report and he was ticketed....I have instructed my company that I will back them as far as they wish but I wish them to fight this and take it to arbitration.

This crap is why people get so angry and frustrated; no fault of mine but I lose time, money and loss of my vehicle. It's a one ton truck and a "rental car" just doesn't cut it. I accept the fact he din't intentionally ram my truck, but his company simply isn't doing the right thing. The woman from his company attempting to explain their "investigation" and conclusion was priceless if it wasn't costing me out of pocket. She babbled on how a police report was just "one tool" they use to make this determination. Well it was a police investigation and recorded document that holds the majority of the weight over " I almost made it" statement from their customer. She was not impressed by my  questioning of here methods, lack of documents and unrealistic conclusions....

Sorry for what happened to you .

My  General observations from working 100’s of MVA’s when I worked for the FD . Property damage only MVA’s are mostly seen as almost a nuisance by PD, especially busy ones ,their  two priorities are getting the road open and seeing that the drivers exchange info , they’re not going to do much of “ an investigation “  in a no fault state for property damage only . Which may be why their report is not gold , they simply take each drivers often conflicting stories maybe a witness if for some strange reason they stick around  . I’ve seen troopers screaming  ,” one of you is lying ! “ and when they each stick to their story , no tickets ......

Id be interested in who’s your insurance co.? I’ve been with Nationwide for 44 years  , and in fact the third  generation running the office , never had one issue on claims , cars or homeowners , my kids are with them , the youngest was at fault , when she was 16 , rear ended a new SUV with her ‘95 Ford , was issued a ticket because she admitted fault . Her rates never went up .