11 DAYS!!!!!!

buffalojay83

32 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

I'm looking forward to the opener and just getting back out there again, but I have no intentions of shooting a buck much before the rut, unless it's a hell of a nice one! I would be sick if I didn't have a buck tag for the rut!! The rut is just so exciting to hunt, knowing anything can happen at any time! It's worth risking tag soup to me.

In almost 30 years of hunting ,ive never experienced the rut like people talk about. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

In almost 30 years of hunting ,ive never experienced the rut like people talk about. 

No Kidding?? Some years it's been hit or miss, but when it's a hit, it's very memorable. Then there's other years, when I hear guys talking about all the chasing going on and bucks going nuts, but it's so dead in my area I think there isn't a deer in the county! 

10 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

No Kidding?? Some years it's been hit or miss, but when it's a hit, it's very memorable. Then there's other years, when I hear guys talking about all the chasing going on and bucks going nuts, but it's so dead in my area I think there isn't a deer in the county! 

Ya, we get the occasional spike or 4 pointer wandering around all day . Last year i watched a doe walk up the hill bleeting like crazy,not a single buck in tow or even came around where she walked ,i thought it was going to be a jackpot that day. 

I LOVE rain predictions since they are always wrong this early!

Damnit my prediction is for PERFECT WEATHER but a bit warm of course

3adddd6868c3a3ec8873def7daa8e28a.jpg&key=2861df0d4df977363ee1c9e51daac693da2f6160b223d42d7d864cd06df8a00f
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I show light rain. Oh well I'll just hunt from my blind then

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Only 1 day for me Jeremy, it was at the academy on a random Wednesday afternoon hunt. Had bucks grunting and chasing all around me. Zero shots taken but was an awesome show. Other than that nothing like I’ve seen on TV or hear of from others 

I’ve seen it a handful of times. Back when I only hunted shotgun season I saw it the first weekend a few times. Right before sunset many years ago on opening day I had a doe come blasting out of the pines with a nice 6pt buck behind her. He was grunting so hard I could see spit or boogers flying out. He was chasing her around and no matter what sounds I made i couldn’t slow him down enough to take a shot. In hindsight I should have tried but didn’t.

In PA hunting Stateland foodplots with xbow, I once saw a bunch of small bucks chasing does in and out of the food plots in an afternoon. It was awesome and felt like TV minus the big buck appearance lol.

Several years ago when my dad started hunting with xbow he had a crazy few days seeing bucks chasing does everyday. It lasted like 3 days and was weekdays while I was at work lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Really have seen it twice. The first bow buck I ever shot was a 7 point.  On the way to the stand I kicked up a 5 point.  The seven came thru and I shot him 5 minutes later.  Then within 30 minutes the 5 came back and a 4 and a spike on a hot doe.  Crazy morning.  

Then two years ago I was on the lease and for 2 days I saw every deer around that property.  Watched an 8 chase a 4 and heard a snort weeze for the first time.  Deer everywhere and never got a shot.  Told my buddy and he hunted there the next day and saw nothing.  

16 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm the same , until I started bow hunting ! I went out with the compound 2 years ago (first time) and scored a nice Doe , 2 weeks later I used my crossbow (first time) and scored a 6 pointer . The activity during both trips convinced me that bow season is the time to be out there ! I never considered myself a bow hunter even though I had my compound for several years but those 2 experiences taught me !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Have seen it a handful of times myself too.last year was one of them on the small rack 9pt i got.saw him chasing a doe 80 yards out and broke him off the chase by grunting.had a grunt match with him trying to find the buck he wanted to fight(me).could see his breath in the air every time he grunted.got down after the shot,stood there  and 10 yards in front of me a 4pt was trailing a doe.never acknowledged me standing there in the open.

Was just one of those crazy mornings and i happened to be in stand to witness it

20181111_091602.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sodfather said:

Only 1 day for me Jeremy, it was at the academy on a random Wednesday afternoon hunt. Had bucks grunting and chasing all around me. Zero shots taken but was an awesome show. Other than that nothing like I’ve seen on TV or hear of from others 

Same here I've only seen it one where it was all out crazy chasing. Its was November 3rd 2008 I went back to the car for lunch a couple hours later I headed in for the afternoon and never made it to my stand. There were 9 different bucks chasing a doe in and out if the field for the entire evening. I never got a shot but very cool experience. 

At gmans/gregs I've seen a single buck hounding a doe.

Back in 98 I was 17 years old self taught myself how to bow hunt. I nailed a huge buck a little far back but the blood was dumping out of both sides of the buck and being young and dumb I knocked another arrow and ran chasing behind him for another shot.  I searched and searched. That evening when my grandmothers husband got home we went back out and looked some more without the bows. He was blind in one eye and colored blind in the other he always thought i was full of it when I told him about all the deer I see.  While looking for that buck I whispered stop here comes a few deer we stood there for almost an hour and seen almost 30 deer half of them being bucks.  They weren't chasing or anything. We had deer with in a few feet from us. Craziest thing I've experienced in the woods.

• Like 2