What will you be using

Overtkill

I have a1/2 race food plot with tower stand build into 3 trees on the north side and a ladder stand on the south side my 1/3 acre plot has a raised ground blind 16 feet in the air on the ne side my 1/8 acre kill plot has a hang on stand with screw in steps west side of plot cameras set up in the woods beside doe trails for those I use climbing sticks and hang on stand

Brush blinds on the ground.

A couple weeks ago I was able to get up on the private land I hunt in the ADK's and get a few more made, so my wife has a little more concealment in her preferred spots. After the logging they did a few years ago, I had plenty of brush to get it done fast.

5 low ladder stands (4-8 ft high), 3 low hang-ons (6-8 ft high), 1 "slightly" elevated box blind (5 ft high) and 3 "almost" ground blinds (2 ft high), on 100 acres of land in the southern zone that is almost as flat as a pancake.   I am more comfortable hunting closer to the ground (never use a safety harness but have 3 ft safety rails all the way around most of the "higher" stands - except for the hang-ons), and staying low makes a "double-lunger" a lot easier.  Last archery season, I killed one from a pop-up blind, right on the ground.  I don't think I will ever try that again, because a spider (possibly a brown recluse) got me in there on my next hunt, and the snow load busted one of the poles during gun season.    

In the mountains up north, it is all on the ground, either still-hunting or seated in a "tree-hammock" chair.  I find that the older I get, the less comfortable I am high up in a tree, and the easier it seems to be to kill deer from close to the ground.      

• Like 1

A bunch of natural brush blinds, at least twenty, scattered over two properties. Four pop up blinds. Four ladderstands up, and four or five more in reserve. One permanent built box blind about ten feet up. Also have at least a half dozen hang on's that we haven't used in awhile. A few great spots, just sitting at the base of big hemlock trees.

Plenty of options. Depending on the current feeding and bedding patterns. And at what the rut stage is.

I will be in a ladder first few sits. Also have tower and climber.

It is wise to stay off the ground. Your pass through could get you lost arrows on the ground, from tree it sticks nicely in the ground nice and close. Biz and Moog not wise enough yet to know this. Youngins''

lol

15 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I will be in a ladder first few sits. Also have tower and climber.

It is wise to stay off the ground. Your pass through could get you lost arrows on the ground, from tree it sticks nicely in the ground nice and close. Biz and Moog not wise enough yet to know this. Youngins''

lol

I use lighted nocks to find arrow as souvenir. I would never re-use an arrow that passed through the body of animal (meat/bones/etc.). Not worth the risk, just use a new arrow.