New Bow - Next year

Engraver99

Thinking of getting a new bow for next season, altho mine is perfectly fine. I have a 2004 Hoyt xtec xt 1000 I bought new. It's small, quiet, shoots good, etc but has the 65% let off. As I age, I am considering getting a new bow with the higher let offs and possibly a little lighter in weight. Not sure what to get yet but it was suggested I look into mathews bows. Is the higher letoffs all its cracked up to be? Any other suggestions/brands other than mathews. I would be looking for a 26.5" draw with probably a 60-65lb draw weight. I dropped my Hoyt's weight from 70# to 65# a few years back. It doesn't have to be the fastest bow on the block but would like it to be 325ft/sec or so. I find that the faster the bows are, the faster you miss and are a little harder to control/tune....lol. let me know your thoughts.

thanks

My new to me bow this year has extended my hunting career. Going from 65 to 85 percent let off was a huge factor. It allows me more time to hold and let the pin float. Though I could barely draw it when I picked it up. 

2015 Obsession Phoenix set at 50lbs. Still plenty fast enough to get the job done. Smooth and whisper quiet too.

• Like 5

I have become partial to obsession ever since Grampys bow.  My PSE evolve 31 is shooting really well and I have no complaints but I just ordered an obsession FXL on sale.  Little longer (34.5)little more BH (6.5)more let off than I will use (90%).  Still 350 ibo.   Should be a great bow.  

• Like 2

I have become partial to obsession ever since Grampys bow.  My PSE evolve 31 is shooting really well and I have no complaints but I just ordered an obsession FXL on sale.  Little longer (34.5)little more BH (6.5)more let off than I will use (90%).  Still 350 ibo.   Should be a great bow.  
You'll have to keep us posted on the FXL, that was my number 2 when researching, I like longer ATA bows.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have witnessed the ritual 35 in action ,it's dead quiet ,shoots a quick arrow and has the all day hold that elites have perfected.

Yup. I’ve shot the 35 and 33 both are a dream to draw hold and fire.
Can’t wait until a new bow strikes@sodfather fancy and I get his 35!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2019 at 1:18 PM, moog5050 said:

i got my hands on a 4 or so Evolve cam bows.  That cam was awesome. 90% let off is weird as hell to let down.  my problem is i'm partial to my 2011 PSE Evo with an IBO of 345fps because of things outside of performance. new bows are nice. no obsession dealer around here so never really considered them.

Im looking at elite,obsession,mathews.  Havent really started to shop yet or even shoot.  I just need something with a better letoff.  I am leaning towards the Elite because my sister works there.
Looking for a new best friend

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2019 at 2:24 PM, Swamp_bucks said:

Im looking at elite,obsession,mathews.  Havent really started to shop yet or even shoot.  I just need something with a better letoff.  I am leaning towards the Elite because my sister works there.

Your sister works there and your shopping? You probably could shoot a new bow every year... Don’t show up for Christmas dinner if you purchase a Mathews 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

i got my hands on a 4 or so Evolve cam bows.  That cam was awesome. 90% let off is weird as hell to let down.  my problem is i'm partial to my 2011 PSE Evo with an IBO of 345fps because of things outside of performance. new bows are nice. no obsession dealer around here so never really considered them.

The evolve is a nice shooting bow and smooth even at 31" ata.  Surprised myself yesterday with a 1.5" group of 3 in the bulls eye at 50 (better than I normally can do) and 1 more about 3" from dead center (more normal at that range).  I did move the draw stops a bit to reduce let off - 90 is a bit too much let off for me.  I agree that most new bows are very nice.