Your favorite hunting movie of all time

Hunter007

24 minutes ago, First-light said:

Deer Hunter 1978, you young bucks may not know this one. Great movie.

I was disappointed with that one.  Too bad they substituted European stags and Western elk for PA whitetails.    Clearly, the Hollywood types have not got a clue when it comes to real hunting.   On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate that movie about a 6.  At least the steel-mill scenes were realistic and the acting was good.    

8 hours ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Jaws

I will go along with that and rate that movie a 10.  The acting and directing was about as good as it gets.   

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Bambi 

That is probably the movie that turns more people off from hunting than any other and has likely caused many to go vegan.        

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, airedale said:

To be honest I do not remember seeing many hunting movies that I cared for if I had to pick one it would be the Ghost And The Darkness. The best hunting stuff I have ever seen on film was the old American Sportsman TV show.

I lived every week for the American Sportsman with Curt Gowdy! Thanks for the memory!

• Like 1

I am sorry not to remember the name, but a Russian movie came out based on the book/ logs of a Russian military/ mapping officer in Siberia, in the 1900s...It was mostly about the elderly native Siberian hunter/ trapper who assisted them. It was great, showing his skills, wilderness survival methods, etc. Subtitled, but a great movie...

Considering Jeremiah Johnson was a hunter/ trapper, I have to go along with that as my favorite runner up, but The Revenant was great also. 

I can remember watching "A Man Named Horse" as a kid, and thinking that was a great movie (Richard Harris as an English gentleman on a western hunt), but I recently watched it and it was god awful.