Confidence issues shock collars Rage xtreme 2.3" 2 blade ????

mikedagun

I have 6 rage xtreme 2.3" cut broadheads with the collars not the rubber band type.  I just feel like they require a serious amount of pressure to break the collar and let the blades fall open.  I used to shoot nap shockwave 3 blades (1 1/4 cut) those would open effortlessly with any pressure.....but i wanted a bigger cut and went with the rage 2.3".... any info would be great.  Meaybe its in my head but they really seem hard to open by just passing thru hair n skin .....maybe im nuts anyone??

I'm using rage with orange collar.  I dont have much experience.  Took one and shot it into a block a few times . Opened everytime  out of my crossbow.. one shot one kill on a doe at a little over 30 yds . Full deployment. 

Might be different out of a compound  bow .

Everyone  knows  that crossbows hit with the energy of a 30/06 ... flatter than a 6.5 creedmore. Capable  of shooting around corners. And when hit in the right spot will gut ,skin ,and quarter a mature buck out to 1000 yds. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The collars are designed to break from impact not direct pressure. They have deployed overtime I've used them for last 3 years no issues.. I agree applying increasing pressure seems to do nothing to deploy them. ,but the shot of rapid force they crack and deploy.. designed that way so release of string doenst  deploy blades .

• Like 2

This is one of the reasons I wish I didn't have to use mechanicals. It's just impossible to test them and know for sure they'll open.You simply have to trust that Rage knows what they are doing.

Most likely Rage does know what they are doing and these will open as planned. They are my go-to mechanical. The five deer I've hit all had no problem opening.

• Like 1