What’s your predicted first day out for archery

rob-c

10/1 PM hunt after work for the opener; hopefully in stand by 2.

Will be missing the first Saturday of the season, 10/5 as I'll be checking skydiving off my bucket list that day but will be back in the stand on Sunday; well, that is if all goes OK with the jump on Saturday!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Thermacell reminder

Yea... it’s gonna be warm, but I’ll be covered head to toe to avoid bugs.   I’ll be up on an oak ridge overlooking  a few apples trees where a field hits that pond.  Praying for a West wind to cut down on bugs and push my scent far, far away. 

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

This.  Can't be at work opening day pacing and pissy. 

I'll be pacing and pissy at work.

Even though I dislike bow hunting in the rain. Would always get a Deer Search call after a rain, when some hunters blood trail got washed away.

I no longer hunt with a vertical bow, but since a crossbow is often considered "archery equipment", my first day might be October 17, up in the northern zone.   If it is too close to dusk, by the time I get up there, my first day will be Friday, October 18, then it will be three more days of ML hunting before I drive home (no sense hunting with a 50 yard single-shot weapon when one good for 150 yards is legal).    My second (or third) day of "archery" hunting will not be until around November 5 , when crossbow opens up in the southern zone.   In between, I  may head up north for a few days of rifle deer hunting, and I will definitely try to punch that fall turkey tag, at home with the shotgun, on a nice young tender hen.   Those drumsticks were delicious in the crock pot last October.   

I won't be out for 10/1 or 10/2. Hoping to get out for either 1-/3 or 10/4.

The weekend of the 5th is rebuilding another floor in my home if weather cooperates. If the weather id crap then the weekend of the 12 will be the floor.

I will be out as often as I can during the week after the 6th.

I don't usually get to hunt all day, I can get mornings in, but afternoon evenings are hard due to being the house cook, and I don't like using my crock pot for everything.