Challenge: Show Your Spirit

NFA-ADK

Challenge:  I challenge you all to a "Show Your Spirit" contest!  This is all about deer hunting and what it means to you. 

Rules: 1) Must be in a video format and posted to U-tub or any free web service that is available to the public for all to view.  

2) You must be in the video at some point.  

3)  No kill shots, no need to show a kill to show your spirit. 

4)  Have fun this is all about enjoying the outdoors and showing what you love about it to encourage others to do the same! 

5)  I debated a prize but would rather have us all do this in the spirit of showing others how to really enjoy the woods, nature and the outdoors.  Do you have the guts to DO IT?  Challenge dropped!

• Like 2

I'm in. I only have three actual hunting videos up on my channel ( 4 if you count a tree rat hunt I did a couple weeks ago camping at my buddy and I's backwoods camp in the ADK's ).

I planned of filming a few hunts this season anyway. No way I can film the actual kill of it happened as I use my phone as my camera. I have a tripod, but learned fast the card fills up fast and the battery dies when I just leave it running.

Is something like this acceptable ( not last years, I will make new ones of course )?

Not sure how to film the spirit of hunting. One man show here, no film crew helping me out LOL.

• Like 4

I made a few youtube vids a few years ago. It's really a lot easier than you would think with the software out there.  I used " iMovie" since I run on a MacBook. I like putting in vids from my trail cams...and others. It's fun and easy because we can insert other media...here's one I made back in the day (2009.) Have fun with it! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9P2WR7sjuA

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You also just lost your invite to Moog’s tower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So says YOU  !!   Moog's tower has lots of room for him, me and perhaps a couple of sweet young ladies from Mabel's House of Pleasure...     Mabel gives  " Sportsman's Discounts "....She's an NRA Life member....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

But wait-- I have not yet seen any pics of Pygmy yet or even pics of the many Big Birds. But a video would be good.  Just Joking here.

Dang, Bill....You finally caught up with me.....Yup, I'm a fraud....Never really killed any big birds, just three timberdoodles and a mudhen… Thanks..I feel better now....   Honesty is REALLY the best policy....  Glad THAT is over...!!

On 9/24/2019 at 11:11 AM, NFA-ADK said:

Challenge:  I challenge you all to a "Show Your Spirit" contest!  This is all about deer hunting and what it means to you. 

Rules: 1) Must be in a video format and posted to U-tub or any free web service that is available to the public for all to view.  

2) You must be in the video at some point.  

3)  No kill shots, no need to show a kill to show your spirit. 

4)  Have fun this is all about enjoying the outdoors and showing what you love about it to encourage others to do the same! 

5)  I debated a prize but would rather have us all do this in the spirit of showing others how to really enjoy the woods, nature and the outdoors.  Do you have the guts to DO IT?  Challenge dropped!

Forgot to ask, what's the link to your channel NFA-ADK? You made the challenge, so you have to be in it right?

I'll be heading out tomorrow for a morning sit for the first time this season. I don't know if I will film, take pics, or just enjoy 'my opening day'.

Edited by DirtTime

On 9/29/2019 at 5:43 PM, blackbeltbill said:

So far DirtTime/Rob has my vote.  The video was good. 

Thank you Bill. That was last year, and not meant for this "throw down", LOL. I will get footage.

Making videos has helped me get back into doing things I lost in my outdoors time, it helps push me a little. I enjoy it, I don't or never will monetize my channel, and I don't care if I get a billion subs or likes. For me, it's not about being popular or making money! It's just about GETTING OUTDOORS!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

Forgot to ask, what's the link to your channel NFA-ADK? You made the challenge, so you have to be in it right?

I'll be heading out tomorrow for a morning sit for the first time this season. I don't know if I will film, take pics, or just enjoy 'my opening day'.

This is my channel, I have not uploaded many videos recently and was looking at new camcorders.  GoPro is ok but not great for distance.  

https://www.youtube.com/user/NFAGETSOME/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this a one video to top them all, or just post up videos as we make them?

I got about 20 minutes of footage from last Thursday's morning sit, after editing, I had just over 6, LOL. It was an interesting morning. No deer, and I left my head lamp home. Had a choice, use the hand held flashlight to climb a mountain and not fall on my face, or take my little folding chair. I chose to do the kneeling in wet leaves game and see where I was going.

I will back at it in the morning. Have a nice N wind at a measly 5-10 MPH. I can actually hunt a good area over looking a small down sloped hill.

Edited by DirtTime
  • Like 1

You can post as many videos as you want but it would be better if you did a bunch then picked the best to post.  I don't want to watch 30 videos from one person, lets set a general limit at 5 videos with no penalty for doing more.  Showing the woods is ok but how about some info on why you love to hunt like that early morning sunrise we love so much.  Talk about the sounds and smells, changing of the leaves or a special sound we all love the hear like the cadence of a walking deer.  Or how grateful you are to enjoy the company of other hunters in your camp or circle.  Just some ideas.   Your video could be done at home just telling a story about how you enjoy nature.  It could be all about the big buck you took or a doe for food.  Have fun with it!  That's what this is all about! 

23 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

You can post as many videos as you want but it would be better if you did a bunch then picked the best to post.  I don't want to watch 30 videos from one person, lets set a general limit at 5 videos with no penalty for doing more.  Showing the woods is ok but how about some info on why you love to hunt like that early morning sunrise we love so much.  Talk about the sounds and smells, changing of the leaves or a special sound we all love the hear like the cadence of a walking deer.  Or how grateful you are to enjoy the company of other hunters in your camp or circle.  Just some ideas.   Your video could be done at home just telling a story about how you enjoy nature.  It could be all about the big buck you took or a doe for food.  Have fun with it!  That's what this is all about! 

:drinks: Gotcha.

I will most likely make one during my week long trip in the Daks, and then one with the snow on the ground while also in the Daks on the land the above video was filmed.

I don't want to do a talking head video for something like this, doesn't fit the spirit in my humble opinion. But for this thread, I want them to be filmed in the area I love to hunt the most, the Adirondack Mountains.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DirtTime said:

:drinks: Gotcha.

I will most likely make one during my week long trip in the Daks, and then one with the snow on the ground while also in the Daks on the land the above video was filmed.

I don't want to do a talking head video for something like this, doesn't fit the spirit in my humble opinion. But for this thread, I want them to be filmed in the area I love to hunt the most, the Adirondack Mountains.

Sounds good doing a week long trip in Moose River again, looking forward to some deep woods!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think I have to drop out on this one. I haven't took pictures or made videos on most of my hunts this season.

Th only video I could link to here is the video I put together on our week in the ADK's. There's less then 10 minutes of actual hunting footage, it was big woods hunting, so I hunted and didn't care a lot about filming or pics. It was a trip for me to hunt, and my wife and I to get some hiking in.

I would have loved to be up there in a canvas wall tent with a wood stove, and doing it old school. I love my wife and we made the trip ours.

The video is long, but, in essence it what the spirit of hunting is to me, hunting the big woods blind. If anyone really wants to watch it, I will post it, but I doubt it meets the criteria for this thread.