Challenge: Show Your Spirit

NFA-ADK

You could edit some of it out so we all don't have to watch you filming the woods.  Up to you if you think people will bash you then don't post it.  Would be interesting to see what you are talking about though. I can tell you this:  If you do not have action in a hour and a half video you will loose people after the first 5-10 minutes.  Most get real bored when people start talking about how you setup, your clothes, equipment and how this spot is so good.  Most of us want to see deer or some animal unaware of your presence or even aware.  If you have 1.5 hours of you talking then most will not watch it.  Should be less than 20 min. 

11 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

You could edit some of it out so we all don't have to watch you filming the woods.  Up to you if you think people will bash you then don't post it.  Would be interesting to see what you are talking about though. I can tell you this:  If you do not have action in a hour and a half video you will loose people after the first 5-10 minutes.  Most get real bored when people start talking about how you setup, your clothes, equipment and how this spot is so good.  Most of us want to see deer or some animal unaware of your presence or even aware.  If you have 1.5 hours of you talking then most will not watch it.  Should be less than 20 min. 

Define action please.

Action is when you are filming game and not yourself talking or some other movement in the woods.  Nothing wrong with talking as long as its not over 15 minutes or so, people tend to loose interest.  

Cool video DanielIT but you broke one of the rules, No kill shots.  Like the way you stop them or at least try after the shot!  I have some who will not even try that to stop them  for the shot,  which I do often.  That was a quick shot, do you ever use that call to stop them for the shot?

This is an old video but my first on film and with the bow, count how long it is before I take the shot!  I get a full 10 seconds to aim!  Well worth using the call to get a good aim point and shot placement.  Showing your spirit could be a 5 min video of you talking about how much you enjoy the camaraderie, chase, friendship or even the solitude of hunting, does not need action to participate.  

Note:  This video is not for this Show your spirit, it's just for education on why I love to stop them with this call.  It gives you much more time to settle your pin on that one hair for exception aiming.  It starts around the 1:20 mark if you want to fast forward.  No need for me to stop this animal after the shot as I know it was a great and she went about 40 yards max.  Even with 10 seconds I still pulled up slightly on the shot causing the arrow to break off the back half on impact, no pass through, broken arrow was flipped in the cavity facing the entry point.  

Well, if YouTube really is going to take down channels, I will post this video here and hope people get to see it.

The true spirit of hunting to me isn't always seeing game, it's all about getting out there.

For the first time in a couple decades, I got to spend a week in the Adirondack Mountains in a cabin during deer season. I got a few hunts in, hiked a mountain in the rain, cooked over a wood stove, made a fire using a ferro rod and a knife with nothing but wet wood, started a fire using a ferro rod in the wood stove, saw some awesome views, and just had a blast hunting the big woods, hiking with my wife, and living the cabin life.

It may not be 100% what was asked for on this challenge, but, for this season, this really is what the spirit of hunting is to me.

Edited by DirtTime