Raccoon

G-Man

I havent trapped in years myself and guy that usually traps for me hasnt done it in 2 years as prices are/ were low. So my question is is any one interested in raccoon? I have my old traps and some vacation time I plan on putting the hurt on some raccoon. But I don't have any contacts for hides or whole animals .. not looking to make a buck just eliminate some population and not waste them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I havent trapped in years myself and guy that usually traps for me hasnt done it in 2 years as prices are/ were low. So my question is is any one interested in raccoon? I have my old traps and some vacation time I plan on putting the hurt on some raccoon. But I don't have any contacts for hides or whole animals .. not looking to make a buck just eliminate some population and not waste them.

Zip Dinorocks a PM    Sadly nobody even buys coon anymore 

• Like 1

Coon hides are now worthless, but NY state allows landowners to trap "damaging" coons without a permit with no limits on number and no closed season. Outside of the normal trapping season (starts October 25), the carcasses have to be buried or burned.   After October 25, you can just chuck them out in the fields for the buzzards.   "Damage" is not clearly defined, but as long as you can show a nibbled kernal of corn and or a few downed stalks with coon tracks nearby, you should be ok..  They are not real fussy about enforcing that "damaging"  definition, since the collapse of fur prices and the resulting demise of most trapping.   

If you don't bury them deep, the coyotes will dig them up.  They burn good, because they are always loaded with fat.        

• Like 1

• 3 months later...