Last minute details

Swamp_bucks

5 minutes ago, Core said:

Yes, sir, I will. Purpose is to get away from the bother of a pack (weight and also just dealing with it). There are packs made specifically for my climber, but they are unavailable or look excessively sized. I've found what I think will be perfect packs (fieldline from dicks) at $10/piece and I think they'll hook up nicely with zip ties. Will be enough to hold some coffee, binoculars, etc.

I bought a couple specifically for my Summit but they suck, you cant pack the stand with even hardly anything in them

6 minutes ago, Core said:

Yes, sir, I will. Purpose is to get away from the bother of a pack (weight and also just dealing with it). There are packs made specifically for my climber, but they are unavailable or look excessively sized. I've found what I think will be perfect packs (fieldline from dicks) at $10/piece and I think they'll hook up nicely with zip ties. Will be enough to hold some coffee, binoculars, etc.

No need to call me sir. That "Elite NY Hunter" title under my handle wasnt earned, it just shows up there automatically 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I bought a couple specifically for my Summit but they suck, you cant pack the stand with even hardly anything in them

What specific problem do they cause? I know that these bags are going to make my profile wider for walking through things, but I don't believe they are going to negatively impact the ability to get the bottom piece into the top, nor inhibit moving the seat around or anything like that. I thought about one of the bags that hangs on the front rail, but those will end up getting constantly hit by my knees.

2 minutes ago, Core said:

What specific problem do they cause? I know that these bags are going to make my profile wider for walking through things, but I don't believe they are going to negatively impact the ability to get the bottom piece into the top, nor inhibit moving the seat around or anything like that. I thought about one of the bags that hangs on the front rail, but those will end up getting constantly hit by my knees.

They flop around and I need three hands to get them out of the way to pack the stand. this reminds me I really should get the climber down from the attic lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They flop around and I need three hands to get them out of the way to pack the stand. this reminds me I really should get the climber down from the attic lol

Great. This is exactly what I thought they'd do looking at them in pictures: too big, not snugged down enough. Will keep this in mind when I secure mine, and let you know how it goes.

• Thanks 1

I still have to wash my hunting clothes and then put them in a tote with oine branches,my natural scent control.

Pack my gear bag and most importantly decide where to go! I shot broadheads at 43 yds today and they are dead on. My shooting is all set,now i have to get the woodsman skills to match that and the deer won't know what hit them.

• Like 1

I have a checklist that i use. If it weren't for that, i know I'd forget something. I just have it typed up and can print it out at the start of each season. I'm pretty much set once I've been out once or twice. Clothes haven been hanging out on the monkey bars for a few days now. Getting a good soak today by the looks of it. I'll throw those in a tupperware tote once they dry out with some oak and pine branches. Aside from that I should be in pretty good shape.
Oh, and I just stocked up on these...
fireballs.thumb.jpg.8ce7114f8960f7be6b0a85f618441355.jpg

Does one have to make sure the fire ball stays in a certain cheek during bow to not mess up the anchor point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

This has been a rough couple weeks, which put me behind on prep. My arrow rest broke, so I just replaced it need to tune and sight in. That and travel for business makes my list something like this.

Tune & sight bow, then practice with new set up.
Get County permits.
Wash clothes and spray permethrin.
Check all gear and replace batteries.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Had to improvise. My bow cable broke, so I am having that replaced. So while the bow is in the shop, I took my ancient Hoyt out of mothballs and will use that next weekend along with my old aluminum arrows. The bow is slow, but I am happy with how it shoots. Just have to get the deer within 20 yards.653aae96c10028b7baf3e03b10c4c069.jpg

• Like 7

Had to improvise. My bow cable broke, so I am having that replaced. So while the bow is in the shop, I took my ancient Hoyt out of mothballs and will use that next weekend along with my old aluminum arrows. The bow is slow, but I am happy with how it shoots. Just have to get the deer within 20 yards.653aae96c10028b7baf3e03b10c4c069.jpg&key=e5e28c746309a25ded3a490ac7d616df4759e6301f84668309ec62d7feadb67b

Cdbing, don't cut yourself short. I'd bet the old hoyt could hold it's own in its day. Good shooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, ApexerER said:

Still have to wash my gear, pick up a new pack of broadheads and new bottle of wind checker. I won't be out until the weekend if the weather is decent. 

Milkweed for windchecker    It floats a long ways and gives much better indication of wind. And it’s sorta fun 

18 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Of the Pheasant that was in my vest for....let's say a few months!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Hey, I have a menu idea....We should all get togther for a potluck stew, made of last seasons game found this year! So far we have a squirrel, pheasant, egg salad sandwich........a few snickers for desert, what more has anyone have to contribute?

Of the Pheasant that was in my vest for....let's say a few months!

Yuck! I lost a duck in my kayak for a couple months and about died when I found it in the hatch. I filled the boat with baking soda and water and it worked like magic, smell gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey, I have a menu idea....We should all get togther for a potluck stew, made of last seasons game found this year! So far we have a squirrel, pheasant, egg salad sandwich........a few snickers for desert, what more has anyone have to contribute?

Can I still have dessert if I don’t eat my dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Yuck! I lost a duck in my kayak for a couple months and about died when I found it in the hatch. I filled the boat with baking soda and water and it worked like magic, smell gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It was wrapped in a plastic tops bag......was decomposed so bad it started to leak thru the bag.