Quick quiet ladder stand / sticks tips

Fantail

Been a little while since I was on the site. I moved two ladder stands this year, set up another in a whole new spot close to a swamp. Some of the hardware are those "D" snap links which can be noisy. I used some reg dull electrical tape and just went around each one two - three times so they don't clank or make noise. Got a squeaky shooting bar - rail on your ladder stand, use a dab or chap stick on the posts to quiet those puppies down. Cutting shooting lanes and it's a one man show - take some orange contractor tape or the trail marker tape and wrap straps in the stand at eye level, 1 sitting down & the other standing. Keep some leveling shims or even cedar shingles around as all stands tend to settle. 

Good luck & keep safe.

• Like 1

^^^ I've used this and it's a great, inexpensive solution! If you don't duct tape it well, the foam will absorb moisture. Oh yeah, for whatever reason the squirrels seem to like the foam.

As far as those D-rings, just another item included with new ladder stands I toss aside. I use SS 1/4-20 bolts & lg (fender?) washers. Strong enough and reduces the movement between ladder sections that are typical when D-rings are used. Just a little squirt of spray paint & shininess of SS bolts is gone.

Edited by nyslowhand